So much for JDS having the best boxing in MMA!

dsc04235.jpg

I hate labeling Silva as the best "boxer" in MMA because his attack is far more diverse then that, despite having great hands. He's just the best overall striker in MMA (Jose Aldo is a close second). In terms of just a boxing MMA fighter, Frankie Edgar does really well for himself, BJ Penn use to be among the best but has declined with age as with Rampage. Nick Diaz doesn't have pretty boxing but its been effective in the majority, if not all, of his fights.

He has beaten Franklin, Forrest, Belfort, Hendo ... all look like they cant stand with him at all. These same guys have used their striking to win World Titles in mma.

Only Forrest was defeated with Silva's boxing.

It was his knees that dropped Hendo and Franklin. And his foot that dropped Belfort.
That's why it's hard to use boxing as a pure measure in MMA, because it doesn't really exist on it's own.

Even Frankie throws a lot of leg kicks and switches levels on a dime. As a pure boxer, he almost got killed by the brawling Maynard twice.

I hate labeling Silva as the best "boxer" in MMA because his attack is far more diverse then that, despite having great hands. He's just the best overall striker in MMA (Jose Aldo is a close second). In terms of just a boxing MMA fighter, Frankie Edgar does really well for himself, BJ Penn use to be among the best but has declined with age as with Rampage. Nick Diaz doesn't have pretty boxing but its been effective in the majority, if not all, of his fights.

A.Silva him self said that Jose Aldo is alot better than him in all aspects and he admitted that if Aldo is a Middleweight he would just duck him and retire.

S

GSP has hands down the best boxing in all of MMA nowadays.
JDS has the best boxing in the hw division.

Only Forrest was defeated with Silva's boxing.

It was his knees that dropped Hendo and Franklin. And his foot that dropped Belfort.
That's why it's hard to use boxing as a pure measure in MMA, because it doesn't really exist on it's own.

Even Frankie throws a lot of leg kicks and switches levels on a dime. As a pure boxer, he almost got killed by the brawling Maynard twice.

Thats why its really dangerous to take your chances with A.Silva you don't know what is going to hit you.

A.Silva him self said that Jose Aldo is alot better than him in all aspects and he admitted that if Aldo is a Middleweight he would just duck him and retire.

S

That's just a matter of his opinion, like its his opinion that BJ Penn was the pound for pound best fighter in the world.

S

He also said BJ Penn is better than him, and that isn't true either. Just trying to sound humble.

He has beaten Franklin, Forrest, Belfort, Hendo ... all look like they cant stand with him at all. These same guys have used their striking to win World Titles in mma.
None of those guys had/have good boxing. Some of them have decent MMA striking but none of them can box.. not even Belfort.

He also said BJ Penn is better than him, and that isn't true either. Just trying to sound humble.

It seems Silva has a habit of telling Jokes like that Sometimes he ends up looking like a show off instead.

I remember him saying "Please don't make me fight Jones Dana" and Making a Scared face at the press Conference now he is asking Dana if he can fight Jones?

It is as if he is already mocking Jones during that time.

He is definitely Better than BJ . Can you imagine a MW version of BJ? That would be the best match up agianst Silva.

I think Frankie uses the Tipaklong (GrassHopper) style Boxing. He is really good at leaping in to land a punch and leaping out to get out of the way.

aasads33232232.gif

Seriously what happened to Okami on this fight he just stood there and traded Jabs. the most stupid thing to do against Silva. He should have just shot for another single or double. Its better than trading Jabs.

I agree. Silva is the best striker. Far different from best boxer. Also best hands does not equal best boxer. Boxing is about footwork, combinations, and usually an effective jab.... Silva doesn't really follow that style. Edgar most certainly does. Diaz does too although his Boxing really sucks. But frankly, in the MMA, any guy who throws a half decent jab is better than 90% of the other guys.

ahem, let us not forget Mr Ubereem. Who just so happens to be a K-1 Champion. Or does that not count because he's ubereem?

Back