"So much for fight of the year," -Dana White. What's the Real FOTY?

What's Fight Of The Year?

• Total voters
didn’t see zhang/joanna so i gotta pick dp/hooker

I never thought this fight would be close or back and forth. I felt if Costa caught him with something early he might run right through him. If not, I figured Izzy picks him apart since they're not close skill wise. Any fight there is a chance for an incredible comeback, but I really didn't expect much else than whoever won dominating. I had it at 60-40 Izzy, but said whoever won would make it look easy.

Yeah definitely true and this is the best analysis. Both of their styles look that way, they either win in dominant fashion or look like fools going the other way.

I expected much more from Costa, to get into his face, make the fight ugly and turn up the heat. Instead he stood there and took the damage from the outside and by the time he made that decision he was too compromised from the leg kicks.

That was more like beatdown of a lifetime. Fight of the year so far is JJ x Zhang, but it's September guys, chill.

These fights have potential (plus many more to be booked):
  • Moraes x Sandhagen
  • DCF x Dober
  • Lawler x Perry (being super hopeful)

As far as hype it was Izzy vs Costa but the actual fight was one-sided beatdown.

Wasn't surprised at all. Only way to lower Izzy's striking ability is to threaten the takedown. Dumbass Costa made it clear he wanted to stand and trade from the beginning. He should fire his team if they had anything to do with that gameplan.

The real FOTY was the UFC vs. all the supposed MMA fans that complained about the UFC hosting events again.

UFC by KO.

Zhang vs Jj was is fight of the year ( so far )

That's what I mean he should went go for broke. And if he gets knocked out, than so be it. But he didn't and I believe Costa regrets that now. If they fight another time, you'll see Costa fighting like his usual self all out no holding back style fighter.
Costa was making fun of his grappling & bjj but didn't attempt anything. Just talked the entire time. I was so let down I thought it was gonna be a dog fight.

I guess Poirier and hooker. Meh. MMA isn’t the same anymore.

You said it Dana. Glad he owned up to that. This was supposed to be a contender for fight of the year.

Well, that was a dud. Great for Izzy fans, but a total one sided beatdown. I admit I was rooting for Paulo, but I wasn't going to surprised at all if Izzy won. However, I was surprised he made it look that easy. This whole time I was saying it was gonna be back and forth 50/50, but we didn't see that at all. Costa looked like he did not belong in there with Izzy. All that talk of Izzy being a skinny clown, well who's the clown now?

My vote for fight of the year still goes to Zhang vs JJ. Dunno about all of you.

Might be Khabib vs. ____ in October.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back