"So much for fight of the year," -Dana White. What's the Real FOTY?

What's Fight Of The Year?

• Total voters
You said it Dana. Glad he owned up to that. This was supposed to be a contender for fight of the year.

Well, that was a dud. Great for Izzy fans, but a total one sided beatdown. I admit I was rooting for Paulo, but I wasn't going to surprised at all if Izzy won. However, I was surprised he made it look that easy. This whole time I was saying it was gonna be back and forth 50/50, but we didn't see that at all. Costa looked like he did not belong in there with Izzy. All that talk of Izzy being a skinny clown, well who's the clown now?

My vote for fight of the year still goes to Zhang vs JJ. Dunno about all of you.
Costa froze in there and didn't fight his fight.
Shit happens
He'll be back

Costa fought like an idiot.

It would be hard for Costa to implement his style on Adesanya. Izzy would have just picked him apart with counter strikes.

But you know what at least he would have went down on his shield, if he went all out the way Costa usually fights. Kill or be killed.

I'm sure if they fought again, Costa would just do his thing and strike hard from the get go. And if he loses that way so be it.

Dana is probably thinking about putting Costa on the Pre-Lims after he laid that fucking egg..

Voted Justin vs Tony ...but jj vs zhang was the better fight by a bit

I never thought this fight would be close or back and forth. I felt if Costa caught him with something early he might run right through him. If not, I figured Izzy picks him apart since they're not close skill wise. Any fight there is a chance for an incredible comeback, but I really didn't expect much else than whoever won dominating. I had it at 60-40 Izzy, but said whoever won would make it look easy.
That’s exactly how I felt. I was never impressed with costa. Muscle doesn’t ever impress me. I thought he had an early punchers chance, but I felt he would run into a buzz saw of counter striking. My buddy bet a lot on costa, and I pleaded with him to take Izzy.

Weili-JJ, by far. The Poirier and Gaethje started pretty well, but then both ended as an onesided fight.

Weezang/JoJed was just rock 'em sock 'em robots. Two WMMAers just throwing on autopilot and getting lucky hitting each other.

Hooker and Poirieir was a war.

Weezang/JoJed was just rock 'em sock 'em robots. Two WMMAers just throwing on autopilot and getting lucky hitting each other.

Stupidest thing I've seen on Sherdog today.

Who wants to top it?

This wasn't ever going to be fight of the year. I. Really shocked people were fooled into thinking Costa had anything for Izzy. Really was an easy fight to call.

Porier/Hooker for me still.

LOL is sherdog trolling voting for a freakshow as fight of the year?

For me, it is JJ VS Weili.

Epic fight, seen it 5 or 6 times.
Wmma delivered that night

Weil I vs JJ, easy.

Polls what I expected. JJ vs Zhang far in front with Poirer vs Hooker a distant second.

also no ground whatsoever in Weili/JJ just a kickboxing fight with mma gloves.

Unless you’re one of those wmma haters or deniers. This is a no brainer. Weili vs Joanna has been the best fight this year, so far. And it’s not even close. I just watched again on Friday because it’s a fight worth watching a few times.

It would be hard for Costa to implement his style on Adesanya. Izzy would have just picked him apart with counter strikes.

But you know what at least he would have went down on his shield, if he went all out the way Costa usually fights. Kill or be killed.

I'm sure if they fought again, Costa would just do his thing and strike hard from the get go. And if he loses that way so be it.
There was 4 or 5 times Izzy was back peadling & Costa didn't capitalize on countless times he could've rushed izzy & overwhelmed him.

There was 4 or 5 times Izzy was back peadling & Costa didn't capitalize on countless times he could've rushed izzy & overwhelmed him.

That's what I mean he should went go for broke. And if he gets knocked out, than so be it. But he didn't and I believe Costa regrets that now. If they fight another time, you'll see Costa fighting like his usual self all out no holding back style fighter.

Zhang bro. Zhang.

Joannas head swollen up in a terrifying gelatinous mass was one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen.

joanna-jedrzejczyk-.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000569200904-3-e1584190538941.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back