"So much for fight of the year," -Dana White. What's the Real FOTY?

What's Fight Of The Year?

• Total voters

Kyojiro Kagenuma

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
You said it Dana. Glad he owned up to that. This was supposed to be a contender for fight of the year.

Well, that was a dud. Great for Izzy fans, but a total one sided beatdown. I admit I was rooting for Paulo, but I wasn't going to surprised at all if Izzy won. However, I was surprised he made it look that easy. This whole time I was saying it was gonna be back and forth 50/50, but we didn't see that at all. Costa looked like he did not belong in there with Izzy. All that talk of Izzy being a skinny clown, well who's the clown now?

My vote for fight of the year still goes to Zhang vs JJ. Dunno about all of you.

Last edited:
I never thought this fight would be close or back and forth. I felt if Costa caught him with something early he might run right through him. If not, I figured Izzy picks him apart since they're not close skill wise. Any fight there is a chance for an incredible comeback, but I really didn't expect much else than whoever won dominating. I had it at 60-40 Izzy, but said whoever won would make it look easy.

I haven't watched as much as usual this year, the cards are so watered down these days, the JJ vs Zhang was the best fight i have seen personally (that i can remember off of the top of my head).

I never thought this fight would be close or back and forth. I felt if Costa caught him with something early he might run right through him. If not, I figured Izzy picks him apart since they're not close skill wise. Any fight there is a chance for an incredible comeback, but I really didn't expect much else than whoever won dominating. I had it at 60-40 Izzy, but said whoever won would make it look easy.
Well you definitely got it.

Ferguson vs Gaychee, just so Tony can get paid for that brain damage (if fighters who get that fight of the year award get some $$ compensation as well)

Hooker was in a couple bangers this year, vs Felder and Poirier. Those were the two most entertaining fight I've seen this year.

Well you definitely got it.
And I still contend if they rematch only the same 2 options appear. I don't believe Izzy could sustain punishment from Costa, were Costa to figure out how to hit him more than a couple times a round. And we've seen what happens when he can't.

Definitely Poirier vs Hooker so far.

Weili-Joanna and it's not even close.
I mean I agree, but I had to post some other options. I think Justin Gaethje vs Ferguson was too onesided and Dustin took over after round 3 against Hooker. However, there's a lot of people here who just don't like WMMA and would never acknowledge a women's fight could be the best of the year. It's unthinkable for them.

I mean I agree, but I had to post some other options. I think Justin Gaethje vs Ferguson was too onesided and Dustin took over after round 3 against Hooker. However, there's a lot of people here who just don't like WMMA and would never acknowledge a women's fight could be the best of the year. It's unthinkable for them.

Yeah I wasn't trying to imply those other fights shouldn't be on a poll...every poll needs options. This year, at least so far, there's really no question who the winner is.

Back