So it took an Olympic gold medalist to dethrone DJ...in a close fight...after failed first attempt

It proves the sherdog A-level athlete theory. MMA is not the end goal for athletes, if people who excel at other sports suddenly switched to dedicating their life to MMA, some of them would quickly rise to the top here. Cejudo just proved it by going from getting finished in a minute by one of the MMA GOATs, to beating him 2 years later after he got more experience. A number of guys from the olympics, NBA and NFL could become UFC champs if they trained for a few years.

Olympic wrestlers absolutely.

NFL, maybe. There have been some, but still very unlikely.

Basketball players are stick-like assclowns who can't handle strikes to save their lanky asses. Go blow Rogan and Schaub if you believe that NBA narrative.

Yeah, I am big too, it's not a reason to act like an asshole though.

I'm actually not that big.
I have a large penis though, that's why I'm not obsessed about fighters' size.

It proves the sherdog A-level athlete theory. MMA is not the end goal for athletes, if people who excel at other sports suddenly switched to dedicating their life to MMA, some of them would quickly rise to the top here. Cejudo just proved it by going from getting finished in a minute by one of the MMA GOATs, to beating him 2 years later after he got more experience. A number of guys from the olympics, NBA and NFL could become UFC champs if they trained for a few years.

the whole ladder would change with more money.

there is a reason why HW boxing is not as deep as before: other sports pay pretty good money (HW boxing still pays good money).

the whole ladder would change with more money.

Mm wont ever. Be the champ again if cejudos still there lmfao

Hahahaha. You say that changing from basketball to MMA is same as changing from wrestling to MMA. How freaking stupid are you? Altho I must say that NBA guys would probably crack the top 10 in HW or in LHW pretty soon after they switched. Since LHW and HW talent pools are such a shit show.

Blow yourself

LOL - what a dipshit

This has already been done on a much bigger stage (HWT boxing) by reject NBA basketball players.
Basketball players have had the most success in transitioning to combat sports:

Fight sports requires excellent eye-hand coordination.

Basketball also requires excellent eye-hand coordination. Doh

(eye-hand coordination, stamina etc is not a pre-requisite for NFL lineman so on average lineman won't do as well as basketball players. NFL linemen don't even touch the fucking ball except on rare occasions. It's a low skill position - compared to basketball)

Many basketball players (6 ft 8 & under, not the lanklets) have an excellent combination of: height, size, reach, athleticism, stamina, coordination, agility, skills AND most importantly, eye-hand coordination

This is the main reason why ex-basketball players (even college players who didn't reach NBA) have made the best transition to combat sports, from non-combat sports eg
(ie HWT, no weight class compromise or P4p shit)

- Deontay Wilder (boxer): WBC World champion hwt. Late starter. College basketball player

- Michael Grant (boxer) - former world #3 hwt, started boxing age 20. Challenged Lennox Lewis for world title
College basketball player

- Travis Browne (MMA): former top 5. Community college basketball player

Above is actual proof of achievements by basketball players.
Not NFL linemen fantasy woulda shoulda coulda
You must be impressed by NFL linemen with big black muscles, cuckold.
They ain't proven shit in any other sport other than NFL football.
A A-athlete BY DEFINITION is good at OTHER sports.
Even Danny Ainge played 2 sports professionally (NBA & MLB).
He was above average in both sports.

Olympic wrestlers absolutely.

NFL, maybe. There have been some, but still very unlikely.

Basketball players are stick-like assclowns who can't handle strikes to save their lanky asses. Go blow Rogan and Schaub if you believe that NBA narrative.

LOL - what a dipshit

This has already been done on a much bigger stage (HWT boxing) by reject NBA basketball players.
Basketball players have had the most success in transitioning to combat sports:

Fight sports requires excellent eye-hand coordination.

Basketball also requires excellent eye-hand coordination. Doh

(eye-hand coordination, stamina etc is not a pre-requisite for NFL lineman so on average lineman won't do as well as basketball players. NFL linemen don't even touch the fucking ball except on rare occasions. It's a low skill position - compared to basketball)

Many basketball players (6 ft 8 & under, not the lanklets) have an excellent combination of: height, size, reach, athleticism, stamina, coordination, agility, skills AND most importantly, eye-hand coordination

This is the main reason why ex-basketball players (even college players who didn't reach NBA) have made the best transition to combat sports, from non-combat sports eg
(ie HWT, no weight class compromise or P4p shit)

- Deontay Wilder (boxer): WBC World champion hwt. Late starter. College basketball player

- Michael Grant (boxer) - former world #3 hwt, started boxing age 20. Challenged Lennox Lewis for world title
College basketball player

- Travis Browne (MMA): former top 5. Community college basketball player

Above is actual proof of achievements by basketball players.
Not NFL linemen fantasy woulda shoulda coulda
You must be impressed by NFL linemen with big black muscles, cuckold.
They ain't proven shit in any other sport other than NFL football.
A A-athlete BY DEFINITION is good at OTHER sports.
Even Danny Ainge played 2 sports professionally (NBA & MLB).
He was above average in both sports.

Fuck outta here, lankcel. lol @ calling me a cuck when you're the one obsessed with as you said "big blck muscles".

I like how you completely ignore the most important aspect of fighting: the mental aspect. Because you know that basketball players who flop like you, are pussies who can't throw or take a punch to the face to save their ass.

That's the problem for all ball sport fruits who think they can become fighters. NFL though take a lot of contact and damage to the body and we've had quite a few of them do well in MMA, that is why I gave them some credit.

But your dumbass and your examples? Grant? We have to go back to the 90s now to scramble some credit for yourself? To go back to my argument about mentality, guess what all but one dude in your list had in common? Mental problems. They can't take shots and they were failures.

Deontay Wilder is an anomaly of all anomalies, and wiki says he played both football and basketball. So no he wasn't some pussy ass basketball player who picked up boxing and succeeded.

Fuck NBA. It's just a kiddie, sport, kid. It's just throwing a ball in a hoop, it's fun for kids and friends. It's not a transition to combat sports.

You forgot to add broken right foot

Back