So it took an Olympic gold medalist to dethrone DJ...in a close fight...after failed first attempt

It's a realistic possibility that MM could be champ again.

Unless the UFC REALLY fucks with the guy.

Unless the UFC REALLY fucks with the guy.

Dana already shows signs of that - he called rubber match with Cejudo "one of the possibilities"

DJ vs Minipettis - Formiga winner co-main eventing UFC on Fox in early 2019.

Hi racist, I'm dad
Fucking got him. Burn!!!

Anyway, Mighty Mouse is awesome, win or lose. I’m so sick of instant rematches
So I think he should fight someone else (maybe moraes, why not.

But the ufc gonna do their thing.
So...

Fucking got him. Burn!!!

Anyway, Mighty Mouse is awesome, win or lose. I’m so sick of instant rematches
So I think he should fight someone else (maybe moraes, why not.

But the ufc gonna do their thing.
So...

Don't worry, THIS rematch is unlikely to happen

Imo mm won but he pissed of to many people

I would be impressed if MM ever beat a man of normal size.

It proves the sherdog A-level athlete theory. MMA is not the end goal for athletes, if people who excel at other sports suddenly switched to dedicating their life to MMA, some of them would quickly rise to the top here. Cejudo just proved it by going from getting finished in a minute by one of the MMA GOATs, to beating him 2 years later after he got more experience. A number of guys from the olympics, NBA and NFL could become UFC champs if they trained for a few years.

That's one hell of a spin...

A number of guys from the olympics, NBA and NFL could become UFC champs if they trained for a few years.

Cejudo trained almost a decade, and he was one of the best athletes in 2008 Olympics (by definition, you know, gold medal and such)

It proves the sherdog A-level athlete theory. MMA is not the end goal for athletes, if people who excel at other sports suddenly switched to dedicating their life to MMA, some of them would quickly rise to the top here. Cejudo just proved it by going from getting finished in a minute by one of the MMA GOATs, to beating him 2 years later after he got more experience. A number of guys from the olympics, NBA and NFL could become UFC champs if they trained for a few years.
It's different if you're coming from Olympic wrestling, judo or boxing, you're better conditioned for punishment than guys that put balls through hoops. Being a great athlete probably means you'll pick up the skills quicker but whether or not you can take punishment is a different story.

Cejudo trained almost a decade, and he was one of the best athletes in 2008 Olympics (by definition, you know, gold medal and such)

thats my point, a guy who excelled in a more competitive sport like olympic wrestling can switch over and excel at MMA too because he's a better athlete than most guys he will fight.

cejudo is a wrestling gold medalist, which translates to mma and most mma champions have always had specific backgrounds. plus he's been in mma as long now as mighty mouse had been by the time he became champion.
his success as a wrestler says nothing about guys from other sports coming in and doing the same.

Back