So is Teddy Atlas as tough as he says?

Dont know if tyson approached the niece or not

In his book tyson says that he had no idea what to do with women, he literally asked cus if he will ever have a gf and cus was like when you will be the champion then yes.

Most women he was with were prostitutes though

This all according to him of course

But 14 year old Tyson was like a 20 year dude. He looked and acted grown.
Yes, that does water it down some.

In his defense I think he did pull a gun or planned to kill an adult heavyweight champ or contender who left him or stiffed him.???? I think
ya, donny lalonde who gave his side and said teddy needed professional help if he really wanted to kill him. interestingly, i watched a recent vid on lalonde, he ripped off people in real estate, they interviewed him, it didn't seem like he was trying to rip anyone off, seemed like a nice guy but business gets fucked up.

As far as teddy military pressing a 190 pound teenage tyson, pulling the gun, et.,al. I smell a little bullshit and exaggeration. Said it before on atlas though, i can't hate him, he paid for Hector Camacho's funeral, when pressed for why he did it, he claims it was because macho apologized after the fight which supposedly happened. Here's michael jai's white's attempts to get to the truth for the movie on tyson:

Dont know if tyson approached the niece or not

In his book tyson says that he had no idea what to do with women, he literally asked cus if he will ever have a gf and cus was like when you will be the champion then yes.

Most women he was with were prostitutes though

This all according to him of course

The Undisputed Truth autobiography? I got it in front of me and the story is on pages 86-87. It's how @StewDogg11 recounts it in the page before. Tyson makes it sound like he was nervous, but not terrified.

As for girls, there was a documentary years ago (UK one, Cutting Edge), where a female coach says Mike told her when he was a kid at discos he would grab a girl and pull her to the dance floor, that way they couldn't say no.

Sound familiar?

did mike have problems with women? don't most men? Could I see him, as uncouth and aggressive as he was touching an 11 year old at 16, sure. As far as some of the other stuff, rape, I'm unsure about. Women, especially groupies and whores are bad news all around. The story about the gun, probably true but exaggerated, as michael jai says in the vid.

The bit about atlas that doesn't add up, it is always brought up that he retired from the amateurs because of a back injury. Yet he as still able to hold mitts etc. Also if u have a back injury that bad in your teens. What are u gonna be like in your 50's etc and he seems fine now. Why didn't he just say he wasn't good enough or didn't have the heart for it. But that would ruin his tough guy image. I wouldn't normally care but he is always shitting on mike tyson saying he had no heart.

The bit about atlas that doesn't add up, it is always brought up that he retired from the amateurs because of a back injury. Yet he as still able to hold mitts etc. Also if u have a back injury that bad in your teens. What are u gonna be like in your 50's etc and he seems fine now. Why didn't he just say he wasn't good enough or didn't have the heart for it. But that would ruin his tough guy image. I wouldn't normally care but he is always shitting on mike tyson saying he had no heart.
ya, i didn't want to say it but there it is. Without Tyson would anyone care who he is? Same as Ali, Tyson gave a lot of guys careers, maybe not as many guys as the inimitable ali but a lot.

I would assume holding pads is nothing like actually fighting athletic wise. Hell Roach still holds pads and I don’t think anyone would assume he could actually still fight.

The niece was leading him on.
robin givens said something about him dragging girls into the school bathrooms. When it comes to mike, his image was pisspoor from the start, we aren't exactly talking about a guy who could camouflage his deeds like a Bill Cosby could, his whole image was violence, aggression and being a beast so how on earth would he ever beat any kind of a rape case? I don't know what to believe about the desiree washington situation, she was sketchy, every bit as sketchy as robin givens but she played the innocent little girl in interviews. She had accused someone of rape before and it wasn't true so who the fuck knows. Like I said, women are problems in one way or another for most men, just a part of the curse of being a man.

ya, i didn't want to say it but there it is. Without Tyson would anyone care who he is? Same as Ali, Tyson gave a lot of guys careers, maybe not as many guys as the inimitable ali but a lot.

I think most people know him as an analyst and for training several champions.

I would assume holding pads is nothing like actually fighting athletic wise. Hell Roach still holds pads and I don’t think anyone would assume he could actually still fight.
roach is near useless these days, he probably should consider retiring. "back injury" could mean anything, could mean something that he had that sidelined him but went away, could mean he was a total cripple. Sounds like an excuse to me though, like he just didn't want to fight anymore, which is fine but it's ok to be honest. I've seen some trainers who I won't name, who fought some but seemed like they really didn't like doing it all that much and got a vicarious thrill out of training guys. Problem with that though, is they had no boundaries, they seemed unfulfilled themselves and so they try to get their trainees to do exactly what they would do, which is no good.

I think most people know him as an analyst and for training several champions.
I think he'd have never had any opportunities without the Tyson/Cus link, i was around when even before Mike was a champ, Teddy was getting articles by badmouthing Mike and Cus, he turned it into a career. Note: the vlad interview where vlad seems to hint that cus may have been gay or a child molestor, Teddy fed some of those rumors by saying cus might have died of aids. That's kind of a fucked up thing to speculate. Honestly? I've never trusted Teddy, I never liked his grandstanding and his theatrics but like I said, he was good enough to pay for Hector Camacho's funeral, complete with a horsedrawn carriage, so I can't hate him. No one else stood up to help.

also, if you've ever sprained your back, you'd probably know that any kind of twisting motion would not be pain free. I've had a couple, some I've just sat out a couple months and others I'd stop doing anything other than jumping rope and calisthenics. It can indeed make everything painful. Which brings me to another point, no one is any tougher than their fragile human bodies'. Pretty much every human has a lot of frailties and weakness just based on physiology. I pulled my bicep muscle, taking a tire off, it throws a lot of stuff off, and i hurt my ribs pretty bad a couple months ago and likewise, it throws everything physical a little off kilter, that is unless you want a worse injury.

Last edited:
Atlas has a big mouth and if he did certain things in his life, truth is there are a lot of people who did way more and who talk way less than him.

risky.... but I have to respect your apprehension.

For what it’s worth: Atlas isn’t his real last name. he got that last name because of the load he bore on his shoulders... the military pressing of Mike Tyson.
Bruh, lmao!

Bruh, lmao!

ya, i can smell the bullshit with the pressing 190 pound tyson, at his size? possible sure, unlikely for an untrained weightlifter.

Patiently waiting for @sweetviolenturg to drop a dope ass story about Teddy and/or Tyson.

Where you at bro?

I'm right here, bro. Thanks for the mention. I'd have probably missed this thread without it as I had to take a few days off from the forum because my wife & I were out of town.
And, yeah, Teddy & I go all the way back to the early '80s. Back to when he was still working with Tyson back when he & I were in the amateurs together. In fact, it was on Teddy's recommendation that I got a couple of days of work in Julio Cesar Chavez's camp back when no one even knew who Chavez was at the time. Then, a few years later he brought me in to spar with his fighters Donnie Poole & Simon Brown.
It was while I was sparring with Brown for his title defense against Bobby Joe Young that Brown broke my nose & Teddy ( who's father is a doctor ) reset it for me so well that you can hardly ever tell that it was ever broken.
Also, he arranged my second meeting with Muhammad Ali as I had lunch with Teddy & him in New York.
20200113_203150.jpg
20200113_205402.jpg
20200113_202519.jpg
20200113_205417.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170927_151052.jpg
    IMG_20170927_151052.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 10
I'm right here, bro. Thanks for the mention. I'd have probably missed this thread without it as I had to take a few days off from the forum because my wife & I were out of town.
And, yeah, Teddy & I go all the way back to the early '80s. Back to when he was still working with Tyson back when he & I were in the amateurs together. In fact, it was on Teddy's recommendation that I got a couple of days of work in Julio Cesar Chavez's camp back when no one even knew who Chavez was at the time. Then, a few years later he brought me in to spar with his fighters Donnie Poole & Simon Brown.
It was while I was sparring with Brown for his title defense against Bobby Joe Young that Brown broke my nose & Teddy ( who's father is a doctor ) reset it for me so well that you can hardly ever tell that it was ever broken.
Also, he arranged my second meeting with Muhammad Ali as I had lunch with Teddy & him in New York.
View attachment 710011
View attachment 710013
View attachment 710017
View attachment 710019
source.gif

What say you on the thread title? Is Teddy tougher than RunDMC leather?

Back