So, is it safe to assume Conor denied the Mas fight?

Masvidal was denied insufficient drawing ability according to the rules of economics.

There has to be some level of economic demand for him. He seems to appear everywhere for free and give free interviews. The highlight reel with Askren is so short there's not much way to monetize it.

It's fucking embarrassing using math when it suits them

Yet ignoring khabib beating the shit out of him and that makes him undeserving

Conor fans are cancer to the sport
and they're completely oblivious to it. Not all of them are bad but the ones who encourage the antics and the unfair titleshots are not good for the ufc. Title shots should earned by your wins and not your ability to entertain people with trash talk.

and they're completely oblivious to it. Not all of them are bad but the ones who encourage the antics and the unfair titleshots are not good for the ufc. Title shots should earned by your wins and not your ability to entertain people with trash talk.

Those days are gone. It’s just ‘sports entertainment’ now. Look no further than Conner v Cowboy.

Milking those fans as fast as they dare...

Masvidal is not elite. He's a journeyman who's created some hype by sucker punching Edwards backstage and knocking out Askren, and has manipulated this into some sort of bad ass, unstoppable thug image, which really isn't warranted.

I mean, he's an exciting fighter, but he's not top tier by any stretch. Basically a modern day Baroni.

We all know that uncle Dana would love to see Conor as a 175 champ . Usman would take Conor down and rape him , Masvidal on the other hand is more likely to stand and bang , that’s why Mas won’t fight Conor right now . If Mas gets that belt , trust me Conor is next .

... And if so, what is his plan for this "2020 season" now?

He'd have to wait for most of the year to fight the winner of Tony Khabib and that doesn't correlate with his plan of wanting to fight 3 times this year.

Conor x Gaethje announcement coming soon?
Of course he did. He doesn't want to actually fight Masvidal, he knows it's a nightmare matchup.

Masvidal is not elite. He's a journeyman who's created some hype by sucker punching Edwards backstage and knocking out Askren, and has manipulated this into some sort of bad ass, unstoppable thug image, which really isn't warranted.

I mean, he's an exciting fighter, but he's not top tier by any stretch. Basically a modern day Baroni.

Utter bollocks

I doubt it was offered. It’s pretty clear Dana wants the Khabib rematch.

pisses me off that he is clearly looking past Tony. Something tells me that fight won’t happen. He’s mentioned it multiple times that “Conor” believes the fight won’t happen and he will step up.

Tony is by the far the most dangerous opponent for Khabib thus far.

Masvidal was affraid of a smack and if youre affraid of a smack a smack from Conor would have felt like a double barred shotgun so he was wise to coward

Masvidal was affraid of a smack and if youre affraid of a smack a smack from Conor would have felt like a double barred shotgun so he was wise to coward
Does anyone actually ever fall for this shtick?

What 's wrong with you for calling ppl random idiot for willing to watch Masvidal vs mcg..
Oh you' d prefere watching fights that only makes sense financially?... For you? Obviously not you fool

We're no dana white, we're no Sean Selby we're no Joe Silva. We only care about the fights we want to see...

I think what I said was lost in translation for you, language barrier or something. What I said was a figure of speech more so than personally attacking a group of people (which includes myself).

It was more about the idea of why McGregor and Dana/UFC brass would ever give a single shit about the hardcore fans when it's the casuals making them a ton of money + it's a risk and a lesser fight.

@Doctor Grudge I guess Masvidal has a little bit of a push right now, but what's he pulling for numbers? He seems like an alright guy, kind of funny character - which opens up another can of worms in terms of hypocrisy for fans*, but he's not a very good talker...he can barely talk actually. Diaz is similar in the inability to speak but he has a certain charisma and says funny shit.

I don't think Masvidal is a name. In comparison to the barren wasteland of stars? Sure. But how many PPV buys is Masvidal vs Leon Edwards going to pull? Pitiful amounts if it were a PPV. He's headlined one card off the back of Diaz, who was propped up by fighting McGregor and had a better standing / star power in the sport prior to it. So...yeah he's a name and he's not at the same time if that makes sense.

McGregor vs Khabib does more buys, McGregor vs Diaz does more buys. That's my point. And he could probably skip the line and fight Usman too at WW if he really pushed for it, it would be kind of a joke merit wise for sure and I don't see that happening anyway.

*Masvidal is legit a thug who knocks people out at random and is "not a good person. It's kind of funny and a bit charming, but also very hypocriitcal how people hate on McGregor but not him for his actions.

We know what happened. Conor already said he was not ready.

UFC is dumb though because Usman is going to LNP Jorge and they will lose a potential star and HUUUUUGEEE fight.

I think what I said was lost in translation for you, language barrier or something. What I said was a figure of speech more so than personally attacking a group of people (which includes myself).

It was more about the idea of why McGregor and Dana/UFC brass would ever give a single shit about the hardcore fans when it's the casuals making them a ton of money + it's a risk and a lesser fight.

@Doctor Grudge I guess Masvidal has a little bit of a push right now, but what's he pulling for numbers? He seems like an alright guy, kind of funny character - which opens up another can of worms in terms of hypocrisy for fans*, but he's not a very good talker...he can barely talk actually. Diaz is similar in the inability to speak but he has a certain charisma and says funny shit.

I don't think Masvidal is a name. In comparison to the barren wasteland of stars? Sure. But how many PPV buys is Masvidal vs Leon Edwards going to pull? Pitiful amounts if it were a PPV. He's headlined one card off the back of Diaz, who was propped up by fighting McGregor and had a better standing / star power in the sport prior to it. So...yeah he's a name and he's not at the same time if that makes sense.

McGregor vs Khabib does more buys, McGregor vs Diaz does more buys. That's my point. And he could probably skip the line and fight Usman too at WW if he really pushed for it, it would be kind of a joke merit wise for sure and I don't see that happening anyway.

*Masvidal is legit a thug who knocks people out at random and is "not a good person. It's kind of funny and a bit charming, but also very hypocriitcal how people hate on McGregor but not him for his actions.

Masdival is popular and incredibly marketable and could be another Conor if he beat him.

Even Khabib turned into mega sports superstar and is now worth over 50 million.

Masvidal after watching Dark Eyed Conor demolish Cerrone

upload_2020-1-20_15-18-27-png.714285

upload_2020-1-20_15-19-11-png.714289
Looks like he's trying not to call bullshit

Next will be Conner vs Nate III
Is there still interest in this after Mas beat Nate half to death?

Cerrone coming off a bunch of losses was one thing, but that was Conor's first fight since Khabib.

Why would he fight another guy coming off 2 straight losses?

conor is ducking jorge stevie wonder can se ethat,

nate diva to busy crying at home also conor not gone risk losing to kill the bigger hype toward the khabib rematch.

conor doesnt want that smoke from tony either.

I disagree. There is a difference between "ducking" and someone simply being lower on the list of desired fights.

It simply makes zero sense for Conor to agree to *any* fight before Khabib-Tony happens.

And if you don't think Conor wants any part of Tony, just wait if Tony manages to beats Khabib. That fight will essentially get made during Tony's post-fight interview ;)

I agree on Nate though...that trilogy only happens if/when Conor loses and his other options dry up. It's all risk, little reward...essentially, it the trilogy represents nothing but a good pay day. Nate getting busted up by Jorge sure didn't help matters too.

I doubt that.

What Conor did was smart from a business standpoint not calling anyone out or even playing into a rematch with Khabib next. Fighters have very little leverage with the UFC and Conor has been a master at how to gain as much leverage as possible. He doesn't want everyone getting crazy for Conor vs Jorge in May or whatever and all of sudden Khabib or Tony gets hurt(like its happen every time before). I'm not sure he takes a short notice fight against Khabib but I guarantee you he jumped at the shot at Tony for an interim belt short notice. That what he is waiting to see play out before he makes any plans. Simple logic seems to point that if Tony and Khabib goes through he probably turns to Diaz trilogy and he wins that its Khabib at the end of the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back