SO i was in a submission wrestling competition

Wow you guys are idiots...

a guard sweep is easy to get, compared to a mount escape.

A guard sweep is less advantageous than escaping the mount.

I also would like to add this was not a BJJ competition this was submission wrestling.

Also to address the moron who said if you don't like the rules don;t enter, i enter every competition to improve. I don't like UFc rules but i wouldn't turn a UFC fight down because stoic1 said if you don't like the rules don't enter.

Also how is the mount so great to get 4 points, the mount is a terrible position and whenever i get mount i move to sidemount.

It is so arrogant of brazilian jiu jitsu people to suggest me entering a sumbmission wrestling competition that the rules should be simialar to BJJ.

Also in the end i get the final laugh, while you BJJ guys get held on the bottom and shrimping back into the guard i'll be doing mount escapes and side mount escapes......

See fedor vrs nog to see the results of your rules.

HurtConveyor said:

I also would like to add this was not a BJJ competition this was submission wrestling.

Also to address the moron who said if you don't like the rules don;t enter, i enter every competition to improve. I don't like UFc rules but i wouldn't turn a UFC fight down because stoic1 said if you don't like the rules don't enter.

Also how is the mount so great to get 4 points, the mount is a terrible position and whenever i get mount i move to sidemount.

It is so arrogant of brazilian jiu jitsu people to suggest me entering a sumbmission wrestling competition that the rules should be simialar to BJJ.

Also in the end i get the final laugh, while you BJJ guys get held on the bottom and shrimping back into the guard i'll be doing mount escapes and side mount escapes......

You really hate getting owned by bjj grapplers then huh? Dont be angry, just keep training and one day maybe you wont get dominated so badly.

HurtConveyor said:

you are a sore loser, in the end you have no final laugh coz, you know, you lost.

sounds like you showed no offence after the takedown and just got dominated after that

keep training and don't quote MMA fights to massage your bruised ego

wow dude, you're a tard. submission wrestling isnt scored the same way as bjj? thats fucking news to me, have you ever watched adcc?

"the mount is a terrible position"........ok

"see fedor vs nog for the results of your rules".......sure, the sport bjj rules system is what caused nog to lose to fedor, riiiiiight..........nog would have lost on takedown points if you applied bjj scoring, BTW.

"also in the end, i get the final laugh, while you bjj guys are getting held on the bottom and shrimping back to guard ill be doing side mount and mount escapes" - you fucking idiot, shrimping back to guard IS a fucking mount and sidemount escape.

dude, you never had an advantageous position the whole fight. you got swept and mounted. get over it, you lost.

and good luck with the whole "never submit" thing, tell me how that works out.

The brazilian jiu jitsu stupidity continues....

oktavius i won that match by no means did i get owned.

i got a takedown and he stalled in the guard and then got a guard sweep then i did a moutnescape which was beautiful.

Yes submission wrestlign needs to move away from BJJ rule sbecause they are stupid.... for exampel the new sambo guys owning BJJ guys horribly.

yes the mount is a terrible position i mean all yuo can get is triangle, arm triangle and armbar.... from sidemount hundreds of attacks.

Yep fedor with his sambo like grappling beat down a top bjj guy... no suprise really.

shrimping to guard is not an escaope because you;re still on the bottom it is working to a better position but by no means an escape.

I won that fight easily, if it were vale tudo that guy would have been Ko'd.... we need to cut out the brazilian jiu jitsu influence from submission wrestlign and gear it more towards grappling for vale tudo...

the never submit thing is in reference to chonan not tapping not me.

HurtConveyor said:
Basically i against some BJJ guy... i took him down with a double leg and ended up in his guard, he guard sweeped me, then i did a mount escape to end up back in his guard.....

Why did he win.... a mount escape is harder than a guard sweep, and i got a double leg.

Difficult to say since you didn't mention the point system.

ADCC rules would've putten you on even (you got 2 for takedown and 2 for reversing mount, he got 4 for clean sweep).

HurtConveyor said:

i got a takedown and he stalled in the guard and then got a guard sweep then i did a moutnescape which was beautiful.

apart from the takedown what did you do that was aggressive or that moved you to a superior position? coz your opponent had you swept and mounted which shows some offence.

Yes submission wrestlign needs to move away from BJJ rule sbecause they are stupid.... for exampel the new sambo guys owning BJJ guys horribly.

pay much attention to ADCC? who are these sambo guys you speak of?

and how do you suggest SW fights are scored? 0 points for sweeps, 2 points for mount escapes but only if you end up on top?

Yep fedor with his sambo like grappling beat down a top bjj guy... no suprise really.

i think you're a troll

I won that fight easily,

no you lost, get over it

colinm said:
wow dude, you're a tard. submission wrestling isnt scored the same way as bjj? thats fucking news to me, have you ever watched adcc?

Then you learned something new which is always a good thing :D

BJJ:

http://bjj.org/tournaments/rules.html

2 points. Takedown from standing
2 points. Knee-on-stomach position
2 points. Scissor, sweep, or flip, using legs (from bottom position to top)
3 points. Passing the guard
4 points. Mount
4 points. Mount on back (with leg hooks in)

ADCC:

http://www.hiltibjj.com/SWET2005/rules/

2 -Knee on stomach
2 -Sweeps
2 -Takedown (ends Guard or Half Guard)
3 -Back mount with hooks
3 -Passing the guard
4 -Clean Sweep
4 -Clean Takedown (ends passed the guard)

ok ok, so im wrong on the exact point system, ill admit that. but he would have lost by the same score: 2 points for a takedown, then he got "clean swept" because he didnt recover guard once swept for 4 points, and mounted for 2 points. 6-2 again, hurt conveyor, you lose no matter what.

and i call troll too

HurtConveyor said:

You won?

Delusional...

You see, when you win they raise your hand in victory and you advance to the next round. I can understand you being confused though. Losers never know what that feels like.

HurtConveyor said:
]i got a takedown and he stalled in the guard and then got a guard sweep then i did a moutnescape which was beautiful.

Let's review shall we?

1) You got a takedown. Congrats!
2) But he stalls in the guard....by getting a sweep? Does not compute. Seems that YOU were the one stalling if you couldn't pass the guard.
3) You got mounted. Again that doesn't seem like stalling. We call that 'advancing your position' in submission wrestling.

HurtConveyor said:

When was this exactly? Or are you going back to your FedorVsNog example? That happens to be MMA and two individuals, not styles.

yes the mount is a terrible position i mean all yuo can get is triangle, arm triangle and armbar.... from sidemount hundreds of attacks.

If that's all you can get from the mount than you suck just as badly as you compete.

HurtConveyor said:

You really are all up in Fedor's asshole aren't you? ONE Sambo guy comes in and does well and suddenly bjj sucks? There are countless examples of BJJ guys kicking ass all over the place, and countless more examples of people crosstraining in BJJ because it works.

HurtConveyor said:
shrimping to guard is not an escaope because you;re still on the bottom it is working to a better position but by no means an escape.

And using that same logic, escaping the mount isn't an escape either.

But just to clue you in, when you move from a bad position to a neutral position you have improved your position. When you move from a neutral position to a dominant position you have advanced your position.

Examples of this would be: Sweeping from the bottom and coming up on top. Taking the mount where countless submissions are possible as opposed to BEING mounted where you are in the yellow swimming pool with his balls in your mouth.

HurtConveyor said:
I won that fight easily, if it were vale tudo that guy would have been Ko'd.... we need to cut out the brazilian jiu jitsu influence from submission wrestlign and gear it more towards grappling for vale tudo...

Had it been ValeTudo he would have beaten your fucking skull in from the mount. And since it is obvious you could not keep the top position as illustrated by his sweep you would have been hurt. Badly.

You know you really should look into Gracie Jiu Jitsu. Hook up with Helio Gracie. I think you guys have a lot in common. Both of you are somehow able to claim victories when you lose. Uncanny.

Wow yoiu guys are morons i would argue this out with all of you.... but it seems you are so far up bjj's ass that you have no room to understand submission wrestling isn't bjj.

No it's not BJJ but these guys are right. What event did you compete in anyway? If you're really looking for opinions and advises I have to say I'm with the others here. You lost, so what? Learn from you mistakes, take what you can from others and move on. Get better. Stop calling people names to make yourself feel better.

If you get mounted and then go back into the guys guard you get no points because you did not gain a more advantageous position. I won a match this way, it was a really close match too. He took my down once but I got back up. He took me down again and I went for a guillotine and almost tapped him but didnt, so I got two points for that. Then I swept him for 4 more points to take the lead, making the match 6-4 in my favor. After I mounted him he got back in my guard but I didnt let him pass so I won.

colinm said:
ok ok, so im wrong on the exact point system, ill admit that. but he would have lost by the same score: 2 points for a takedown, then he got "clean swept" because he didnt recover guard once swept for 4 points, and mounted for 2 points. 6-2 again, hurt conveyor, you lose no matter what.

and i call troll too

Actually if you sweep from guard to mount, you get 4 points, not 6. You don't get two different points from one move. And he reversed the mount which is worth 2 points. So in ADCC rules (according to what he said) the score would've been 4-4.

Of course we don't know wether ADCC rules were used ,or what the policy was regarding even points, often the judges declare winner in that situation in smaller competitions.

CoutureFan16 said:
If you get mounted and then go back into the guys guard you get no points because you did not gain a more advantageous position.

Under what rules?

I dare say that being in someones guard is better than being mounted, but maybe that's just me ;)

Submission wrestlign is nto BJJ, for fucks sake...

it is a mixed sport takign elements from all forms of grappling from wrestling to sambo to judo to BJJ....

Don't apply yuor baised BJJ rules to this...

In wrestling being in the guard is a pin... now if wrestlers were as dumb as you BJJ guys they'd claim submission wrestling is wrestling then apply their rules to it and say i won by pinning him ....

HurtConveyor said:

Takedown goes to you, but on the ground he was dominating you by getting mount, which is a dominant position no matter who the fuck you are, so he probably won on that point

Mount escapes shouldn't get you points, because you shouldn't have been mounted in the first place. Well that is what my instructor believes, and it makes sense to me.

This thread has been turned into a BS war. Any mod to close the shit?

It's generally easier to escape mount than to sweep, isn't it? That's how I feel anyway.

HurtConveyor said:
Submission wrestlign is nto BJJ, for fucks sake...

You're a bright one, aren't you? I think that the other 99.9% of the grappling population figured this out and compete under these rules already. For instance ADCC competitors?

it is a mixed sport takign elements from all forms of grappling from wrestling to sambo to judo to BJJ....

Your lack of understanding of basic rules in no way qualifies you to give a history lesson. Sub wrestling was developed before your time, by better guys by you, and has clearly defined rules that you agree to before the match.

Don't apply yuor baised BJJ rules to this...

Don't apply yuor baised (fucked up spelling on purpose) wrestling rules to this...

Sub wrestling was built on the same foundation that BJJ was. Points for positions which, when applied in a real fight, would allow the most advantageous or dominant position to win. Obviously the mount is an advantageous position because the guy on bottom can do nothing.

In wrestling being in the guard is a pin... now if wrestlers were as dumb as you BJJ guys they'd claim submission wrestling is wrestling then apply their rules to it and say i won by pinning him ....

This seems to be how you are interpreting things. You think you won by escaping a mount, without accepting the reality that you were swept and mounted.

We can only hope that in a few years when they either increase the dosage of your medication, or you get a little wiser you will start spouting off and someone will bump this thread so you can be reminded of your idiocy.

Back