SO i was in a submission wrestling competition

Jarzi said:
Under what rules?

I dare say that being in someones guard is better than being mounted, but maybe that's just me ;)

It is better, but you do not gain an advantage on your opponent by turning into his guard, you have to pass to gain an advantage and get points.

CoutureFan16 said:
It is better, but you do not gain an advantage on your opponent by turning into his guard, you have to pass to gain an advantage and get points.

What rules are you talking about? Under ADCC rules you do get points for such sweep.

+ you putting him back in your guard does not result in him being in an inferior position...

You'll need to learn the rules and scoring system.

GQ rules as well I believe.

im pretty sure that if you sweep him from your guard to his guard you get 2 points. however, doing an upa from mount to someone else's guard just counts as a mount escape and you get no points. can anyone verify this? also, if the guy was going for a submission while on top and gets put on the bottom while the other guy is escaping, no points are awarded, right?

CoutureFan16 said:
Under NAGA rules

Ah, looks like those are same as BJJ rules. Are those usually used in US in SW competitions? Around here it's practically always ADCC rules.

HurtConveyor said:
Wow you guys are idiots...

a guard sweep is easy to get, compared to a mount escape.

A guard sweep is less advantageous than escaping the mount.

I also would like to add this was not a BJJ competition this was submission wrestling.

Also to address the moron who said if you don't like the rules don;t enter, i enter every competition to improve. I don't like UFc rules but i wouldn't turn a UFC fight down because stoic1 said if you don't like the rules don't enter.

Also how is the mount so great to get 4 points, the mount is a terrible position and whenever i get mount i move to sidemount.

It is so arrogant of brazilian jiu jitsu people to suggest me entering a sumbmission wrestling competition that the rules should be simialar to BJJ.

Also in the end i get the final laugh, while you BJJ guys get held on the bottom and shrimping back into the guard i'll be doing mount escapes and side mount escapes......

See fedor vrs nog to see the results of your rules.

First off, guard sweeps are miles more complicated than mount sweeps.

guard sweeps are advantageous because they take you from a decent position to a good one.

Seriously, did you ask about the rules before you entered the tourny? Even if you didnt, the rules sound no different than your standard tournament.

the most ignorant thing you said was "I want submission wrestling to return to its Vale Tudo routes" when before that you said "the mount is a terrible position"

You DO have more sub options and more control from sidemount, but mount is the best position for vale tudo hence its high score.

None of what youve said makes sense. You really do sound like someone who is bitter about losing. No need to bash an entire fighting style because your opponent out played you.

Back