So, I want to buy a Bike this summer. (Motorcycle)

Sonny Qc

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
This will be my first Bike.

Main thing I want

1. Confort
I want to be able to do long bike ride (7-10 hrs)
2. Love the racer look, but I don't need / want a powerful bike.
3. $ Less than 7k-ish
(my car is a 2013', might change sooner than later)

a friend suggested this model
Yamaha Fazer 800 (12'-13')
751236652.jpg
730959195.jpg
Those are actually pretty cheap ^

any of you tried it?
or any other suggestion?

Nothing over 750 for a beginner. No sportbikes.

Put your money into MSF class, a good helmet, jacket, and gloves.

There are 2 kinds of riders: Those that have been down and those that are going down.

If you want to ride longer hours sports bikes are not the way to go.. Look into getting a a cruiser or a dual sport. My first moto was 650cc, I dropped it a few times, so be expecting that too!

Second on the MSF safety course. A bike was always my dream but I thought I’d never be able to do it because I’d never have the confidence to actually ride. That course changed everything and got me comfortable on a bike. 10 years and many miles later I still love riding and still use the lessons I learned there.

Second on the MSF safety course. A bike was always my dream but I thought I’d never be able to do it because I’d never have the confidence to actually ride. That course changed everything and got me comfortable on a bike. 10 years and many miles later I still love riding and still use the lessons I learned there.
I drove bikes many times in my life.
My father had Harley's all his life until recently
Did some motor-cross too.

But, MSF are obligatory here to have the right to ride Bike on your driver licence.

Last edited:

Ok not bad then, there are some good bikes for tall people. I highly recommend a dual sport bike so you can take it on dirt roads. They are great for tall people also. The fj09 should fit well. Let's us know what you end up buying. I am 6'1" so I like to ride tall bike also. 35" seat height is nice. The fj09 has almost a 34" seat height so that is pretty damn good

A klr650 is a cheap good bike that can be taken off road.

This will be my first Bike.

Main thing I want

1. Confort
I want to be able to do long bike ride (7-10 hrs)
2. Love the racer look, but I don't need / want a powerful bike.
3. $ Less than 7k-ish
(my car is a 2013', might change sooner than later)

a friend suggested this model
Yamaha Fazer 800 (12'-13')
View attachment 562943
View attachment 562945
Those are actually pretty cheap ^

any of you tried it?
or any other suggestion?
I've only ridden crotch rockets, but from those pics you posted, it looks decent. That would probably be the type of bike I would get next as the crotch rockets are so uncomfortable for me now. After an hour on the thing, I'm tapping out. But that torque is so addictive.

That bike you posted looks like it has good wind protection, because you will get pelted by bugs, but that fairing looks pretty protective
7-10 hours is a pretty long ride, but when you're new to the motorcycle scene, you really appreciate that feeling of the open air. I used to do 4-5 hour rides when I first started riding, but would usually stop somewhere and have lunch for a good hour or so

One of my fave rides, is down along the Niagara parkway, such nice scenery, and by the time you hit the Falls, that mist feels so good

You really have to throw your leg over one and see how it feels to you though

@Ottawaguy and @Myrddin Wild are more cruiser guys so they may have some input too

FZ8 is a great bike. Get some bar risers and a taller windshield.

Think long and hard about going with a bike that size for your first bike, though.

I rode all sorts of dirtbikes and dual-purpose bikes when I was a kid and figured a 1100cc would be cool for my first road bike. Nothing happened, but I really should have started off with something smaller. It took much longer to develop my skills starting off with a bigger bike like that.

Ok not bad then, there are some good bikes for tall people. I highly recommend a dual sport bike so you can take it on dirt roads. They are great for tall people also. The fj09 should fit well. Let's us know what you end up buying. I am 6'1" so I like to ride tall bike also. 35" seat height is nice. The fj09 has almost a 34" seat height so that is pretty damn good

A klr650 is a cheap good bike that can be taken off road.
Krl650 doesn't look bad tbh

images

Go to a motorcycle store and physically test sit on each motorcycle you are interested in. Comfort and fit should be the most important thing for you. it's different from person to person.

Krl650 doesn't look bad tbh

images

At 6ft 240lbs yeah you are gonna want a large layout. The klr 650 has that. I have ridden one and it is a fun bike. Deffinitly no powerhouse but it has good tractor power that is fun to ride and makes it easy in the dirt. Handles well on the pavement and well In the dirt.

Also has good suspension travel so it will ride nice on any road no matter how bumpy. At your weight the first thing you are probably gonna want to do is get the suspension resprung. There are a lot of bikes that are setup for 160lbs riders (somewhere around there) so it is going to feel soft for you.

+1 on going to a few dealerships and sitting on the bikes with the kickstand down and your feet up on the pegs

At 6ft 240lbs yeah you are gonna want a large layout. The klr 650 has that. I have ridden one and it is a fun bike. Deffinitly no powerhouse but it has good tractor power that is fun to ride and makes it easy in the dirt. Handles well on the pavement and well In the dirt.

Also has good suspension travel so it will ride nice on any road no matter how bumpy. At your weight the first thing you are probably gonna want to do is get the suspension resprung. There are a lot of bikes that are setup for 160lbs riders (somewhere around there) so it is going to feel soft for you.

+1 on going to a few dealerships and sitting on the bikes with the kickstand down and your feet up on the pegs
thanks for the info, will def be looking out for those !

Also no matter what motorcycle you buy it might be your first but deffinitly not your last. Might take a few bikes to figure out what you like and dislike

Ride as many as possible!

I drove bikes many times in my life.
My father had Harley's all his life until recently
Did some motor-cross too.

But, MSF are obligatory here to have the right to ride Bike on your drivence licence.
I had ridden dirt bikes before but that’s really a whole different animal compared to a street bike. I broke a lot of bad habits
I've only ridden crotch rockets, but from those pics you posted, it looks decent. That would probably be the type of bike I would get next as the crotch rockets are so uncomfortable for me now. After an hour on the thing, I'm tapping out. But that torque is so addictive.

That bike you posted looks like it has good wind protection, because you will get pelted by bugs, but that fairing looks pretty protective
7-10 hours is a pretty long ride, but when you're new to the motorcycle scene, you really appreciate that feeling of the open air. I used to do 4-5 hour rides when I first started riding, but would usually stop somewhere and have lunch for a good hour or so

One of my fave rides, is down along the Niagara parkway, such nice scenery, and by the time you hit the Falls, that mist feels so good

You really have to throw your leg over one and see how it feels to you though

@Ottawaguy and @Myrddin Wild are more cruiser guys so they may have some input too
I swear the first year I had mine, I’d get on it Friday night and felt like I didn’t get off it till Sunday.

Recent studies show that approximately 100% of people who own sport bikes or crotch rockets are fucking douche bags.

Just make sure you get a tribal tattoo and wear skin tight black v-necks while you cruise around.

Recent studies show that approximately 100% of people who own sport bikes or crotch rockets are fucking douche bags.

Just make sure you get a tribal tattoo and wear skin tight black v-necks while you cruise around.

-_-'

I got a tribal tattoo....
also wear a lots of V-Neck....

Back