So, I want to buy a Bike this summer. (Motorcycle)

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess there are very few cruiser bikes in Russia and Harley's being very few.
Not that few. Of course there are almost no places like that bar in Terminator 2 where Arnold comes out of the door to a line of cruisers and choppers, but then we have less bikes in general due to climate. I think at our office parking there are 2 sportbikes for every cruiser, roughly.

@Myrddin Wild

I just reread your first post in this thread and you were talking about getting a backrest because over long rides your back gets a bit sore. The reason for your soreness is largely due to the seating position.

Getting a backrest might not solve your problem and may, in fact, create new ones. I found when I had a driver's backrest I would bump against it. It wasn't long before my back started getting tender from repeated contact with the backrest. I pulled it off after a few weeks.

I know it seems like I'm bashing cruisers in this thread, and I am to some degree, but really it's just about sharing information on one of my favourite hobbies.

@Myrddin Wild

I just reread your first post in this thread and you were talking about getting a backrest because over long rides your back gets a bit sore. The reason for your soreness is largely due to the seating position.

Getting a backrest might not solve your problem and may, in fact, create new ones. I found when I had a driver's backrest I would bump against it. It wasn't long before my back started getting tender from repeated contact with the backrest. I pulled it off after a few weeks.

I know it seems like I'm bashing cruisers in this thread, and I am to some degree, but really it's just about sharing information on one of my favourite hobbies.
yes, leaning back is making have to hold my back up at an angle... with my back muscles as well as my arms... but doean't that upright / legs curled under position get uncomfortable after a while though? I'm getting lower back support with the seat... but that upper support will make it better I think. Then I can ride in a position that's comfortable.

That's definitely a concern with a stiffer backrest. I'm thinking a more cushiony backrest will remedy that though. I'll have to try & remember this tread when I get one & let you know how it worked out. Not sure if I'll get it this season or not.

yes, leaning back is making have to hold my back up at an angle... with my back muscles as well as my arms... but doean't that upright / legs curled under position get uncomfortable after a while though? I'm getting lower back support with the seat... but that upper support will make it better I think. Then I can ride in a position that's comfortable.

That's definitely a concern with a stiffer backrest. I'm thinking a more cushiony backrest will remedy that though. I'll have to try & remember this tread when I get one & let you know how it worked out. Not sure if I'll get it this season or not.

I mix it up between my pegs, highway pegs, and even the rear pegs when on the highway. Standing helps cure the monkey butt too.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Dcn5nqJvoSUnRiFm6

This will be my first Bike.

Main thing I want

1. Confort
I want to be able to do long bike ride (7-10 hrs)
2. Love the racer look, but I don't need / want a powerful bike.
3. $ Less than 7k-ish
(my car is a 2013', might change sooner than later)

a friend suggested this model
Yamaha Fazer 800 (12'-13')
View attachment 562943
View attachment 562945
Those are actually pretty cheap ^

any of you tried it?
or any other suggestion?

How is riding?

Back