so i guess sherdog doesnt want edgar vs aldo?

He had or retained the title 4 times, he had 3 title fight wins, and did 2 in convincing fashion in the deepest division in MMA. Plus the last fight against Henderson (which was ruled a loss for Edgar) was a toss up.

Add in that the top FW contenders (specifically the Korean Zombie) were injured, and this fight makes sense.

Plus, it's not like Randy Couture didn't get an immediate title shot at a different weight class. By winning all those title fights, both Couture and Edgar earned instant title fights.

Maynard/Edgar 3 was Edgar bell to bell in a "convincing" fashion, wasn't it?

Is Nick getting an undeserved title shot? Yes.

I agree with you, I was just pointing out the flaw in the TS's analogy. If nick were going down to fight Bendo it would be akin to what Edgar is doing, instead he is fighting the champ in his own division after a loss.

Is Nick getting an undeserved title shot? Yes.

TS's point was, the same people moaning about how Edgar doesn't deserve a title, are the same ones who don't mind Diaz getting a shot at GSP. He's trying to point out the double standards of Sherdoggers. Get it?

It was actually the opposite of what you think, hence the NorCali name, his agenda is Nick

Edgar lost the 1st fight easily; the 2nd was a toss up. I slightly favored Henderson just because IMO he was "more in control." But if Edgar won that decision in the rematch, I wouldn't protest it.

Korean Zombie was promised a title fight, but got injured. Edgar is his replacement, the former 4x LW champ, is better than any other FW, goes all out 100% every fight, and is constantly improving. That isn't "dubious."
If you have lost two Title Fights straight.
If you, by all conventional MMA Judging Standards, lost your initial Title Fight.
If you, as the UFC describes it "Edgar took the worst beating in Title Fight History, including 4 Knock Downs, without a Referee Stoppage".
If your next Title Fight could have been stopped seconds into the fight, again.
Than, you follow that up with ANOTHER Title Fight, it's dubious.

many believe Edgar won both of those. Diaz was dominated by a guy who got dominated by the champ. You need to embrace reality, at some point.

Dominated might be a stretch... Lost to good game planning v. not having one = sure.

Frankie has done a lot for the UFC and it is a weight class that everyone has always felt he should fight at so why not? I think it will be a good fight and wonder if he'll be faster than Aldo and if he can take those leg kicks.

There is an imposer afoot.

There is only one people.

Do not be alarmed. TS is not the true NorCal.

Im still here. Yes I have dubs. I have an affinity for bumping troll threads.

But, I digress, dubs or no dubs, I will be back in full force in 2 weeks.

Sherdog is a fickle mistress.

Any rational person will happily enjoy Aldo vs Edgar.

I'll enjoy Diaz-GSP. That doesn't mean I think it's right to have Diaz pass in front of Hendricks.

Same thing for Edgar-Aldo. I'll enjoy it, but I don't think it's right for Edgar to fight for the belt.

He's 0-2 and didn't " earn " it...wahhh

While it's still questionable booking, you can actually explain it away if you're Dana:

- No real contenders at FW (injuries, cleaned out, no real winning-streak, etc.)
- It used to be considered a super fight not that long ago (for some it still is), since Edgar stopped Penn's dominance at LW( LW Goat).
- Edgar is a former UFC Champion
- Edgar has multiple top 10 wins
- FW is Edgar's natural weight class, which means, in theory, he should be even better than he was at LW ( where he won the the big one).Whether or not it's true, is irrelevant since the masses will buy it.
-The match itself is competitive on paper

Diaz has no top 5 wins, lost his last match and got himself suspended.

BTW, none of this is Diaz's fault since he just grabbed the opportunity like he should have.

Last edited:
Edgar has polished UFC gold multiple times, and hasn't been suspended the whole year either.

There is an imposer afoot.

There is only one people.

Do not be alarmed. TS is not the true NorCal.

Im still here. Yes I have dubs. I have an affinity for bumping troll threads.

But, I digress, dubs or no dubs, I will be back in full force in 2 weeks.

Nobody tryin to copie ur dumb ass.. u arnt the only person from norCal

Edgar lost the 1st fight easily; the 2nd was a toss up. I slightly favored Henderson just because IMO he was "more in control." But if Edgar won that decision in the rematch, I wouldn't protest it.

Korean Zombie was promised a title fight, but got injured. Edgar is his replacement, the former 4x LW champ, is better than any other FW, goes all out 100% every fight, and is constantly improving. That isn't "dubious."

Getting a title shot as a fighter in a completely new division while on a two fight losing streak is the very definition of dubious. I am unsure how anyone can think any differently. Will be a fun fight though.

I'm way more interested in Edgar vs. Aldo than Diaz vs. GSP. GSP will handle Diaz fairly easily. Edgar on paper has the best chance against Aldo and we don't know what kind of animal Edgar will be at FW. I still think Aldo will probably win but way better fight on paper than Diaz and GSP.

Meh. I don't see a problem with fans asking for a pecking order to see the most skilled fight each other, not the most popular.

However, Edgar's dropping a weight class, not getting another shot at Bendo. Also, I thought Frankie beat Bendo fair and square the last time, so it's not as black and white as "2 losses in a row". LW is also far better than FW, FW being a lot like MW, though with less depth. Add to that that Frankie/Aldo is a fun fight to make, and it evens out.

Back