so i guess sherdog doesnt want edgar vs aldo?

Edgar has also accomplished far more than Nick Diaz in MMA without being constantly banned by athletic commissions.

He's 0-2 and didn't " earn " it...wahhh

many believe Edgar won both of those. Diaz was dominated by a guy who got dominated by the champ. You need to embrace reality, at some point.

It's a dubious title shot, but not as much a Diaz's.

many believe Edgar won both of those. Diaz was dominated by a guy who got dominated by the champ. You need to embrace reality, at some point.

Good choice of words. This will go well

Edgar has also accomplished far more than Nick Diaz in MMA without being constantly banned by athletic commissions.
He had or retained the title 4 times, he had 3 title fight wins, and did 2 in convincing fashion in the deepest division in MMA. Plus the last fight against Henderson (which was ruled a loss for Edgar) was a toss up.

Add in that the top FW contenders (specifically the Korean Zombie) were injured, and this fight makes sense.

Plus, it's not like Randy Couture didn't get an immediate title shot at a different weight class. By winning all those title fights, both Couture and Edgar earned instant title fights.

Sherdog is a fickle mistress.

Any rational person will happily enjoy Aldo vs Edgar.

Dont worry. Soon they will argue that Diaz won that fight.

People can gripe about Randy's instant title shots, but he held the belt on 5x occassions in 2 weight classes so its not like they weren't reasonable.

people just want to see aldo tested, and edgars the man to do it he deserves the shot, hed smash every other fw, its going to be great fight and one we should all look forward to. i personaly was hoping he would take out team alpha male fighters one by one but we have that to look forward to after the aldo fight

Best LW in the world vs best FW in the world? What's not to like?

Dubious title shot sure but at least its an awesome matchup. GSP vs Nick is going to be a completely one sided beatdown.

GSP wanted a freebie fight and hey hes earned it I guess but apart from the desire to watch Nick get a well deserved ass kicking, theres little point to that fight.

Johnny should go talk to Chael for some smack talking tips next time I guess as that is apparently how you earn title shots these days.

They all deserve there given shots for fighting there hearts out stop crying saying they don't deserve it. Agree? Ill laugh when Diaz cain sonnen edgar r new champs.

Back