So I finally finished losing everything

Yeah I just got off work a couple hours ago. I was doing warehouse work which was better paying, but last November I got fed up and quit. Bounced thru 2 more warehouse jobs I hated, then ended up at the shitty job I'm at now. It pays (barely) enough to get by.

I got basically thrown out. They weren't really in a position to throw me out, but I'm exhausted and I don't want to fight anymore so I let it happen. I'm living in a tiny apartment downtown that I got about a week ago.

What was it that popped off?

What was it that popped off?
Well his wife is kind of a rude bitch, she's bipolar and doesn't take any sorta accountability or responsibility for her emotions. So there was already tension over that, because I sat him down and told him if she can't act like a human she needs to just not talk to me at all.

Then a couple months after that I blew up over their kids constantly stealing my shit and fucking with my shit. The two younger ones would go in the fridge and just take food they know was line and eat it like it's no big deal. Then I found out their older boy was going through my shit while I was at work. Found booze and weed missing and traced it back to him.

I felt like I was being pretty chill about the whole situation, but eventually got tilted by the fact that they're such shitty, lazy parents. Like how the fuck is it my job to put locks on my doors and do fuckin detective work to make sure my shit isn't still getting stolen. Oh and I'm the bad guy, essentially just for getting mad about it. Nah fuck that, friend of 16 years or not fuck that.

Well his wife is kind of a rude bitch, she's bipolar and doesn't take any sorta accountability or responsibility for her emotions. So there was already tension over that, because I sat him down and told him if she can't act like a human she needs to just not talk to me at all.

Then a couple months after that I blew up over their kids constantly stealing my shit and fucking with my shit. The two younger ones would go in the fridge and just take food they know was line and eat it like it's no big deal. Then I found out their older boy was going through my shit while I was at work. Found booze and weed missing and traced it back to him.

I felt like I was being pretty chill about the whole situation, but eventually got tilted by the fact that they're such shitty, lazy parents. Like how the fuck is it my job to put locks on my doors and do fuckin detective work to make sure my shit isn't still getting stolen. Oh and I'm the bad guy, essentially just for getting mad about it. Nah fuck that, friend of 16 years or not fuck that.
Sounds like you didn't lose too much from this actually. And if many things are taken away from you than you have little attachments and although materially this can be hard, spiritually it is said it can be helpful. Easier said than done I understand, but there are chances if you want to be a better person.

Sounds like you didn't lose too much from this actually. And if many things are taken away from you than you have little attachments and although materially this can be hard, spiritually it is said it can be helpful. Easier said than done I understand, but there are chances if you want to be a better person.
I've been through worse, I've just never had a time in my adult life where I had absolutely zero friends. It kinda freaked me out at first.

But I'd rather be alone than get treated like crap. Just sucks that it went down this way.

Also it's been awhile since I've been the kind of person that even gets close enough to anyone where they could fuck me over. Because of situations like this. I'm generally pretty wary of people. But after nearly 20 years I thought this was someone I could trust. The only person I could trust really. It's my fault for thinking that, but yeah it sucks.

I've been through worse, I've just never had a time in my adult life where I had absolutely zero friends. It kinda freaked me out at first.

But if rather be alone than get treated like crap. Just sucks that it went down this way.
In my experience friends are mostly there because of mutual interests. I lost all my 'friends' slowly when I decided to stop drinking / drugs. If you join a club or church or whatever you will have new 'friends', but it can go all over again. We better make ourselves stronger without the need of friends. Take care.

Last edited:

You gotta be careful how you talk to other peoples kids but you definitely seem to have given multiple warnings/chances.

Well, this sounds like it's for the best honestly. Just remember to eat good food. Sounds dumb but it always helps, whether it's actually healthy or just something that's good and comforting to you.

That's all I got. I'm pulling for you though.

Mate that sucks but let's be honest. The real problem here was you trying to live with with your friend and his family, that had a very small percentage of working out no matter what you did. Just out of curiosity how big is this house and how many kids do they have?

Also, seems to me your single with no real responsibilities so it could be way worse.

Mate that sucks but let's be honest. The real problem here was you trying to live with with your friend and his family, that had a very small percentage of working out no matter what you did. Just out of curiosity how big is this house and how many kids do they have?

Also, seems to me your single with no real responsibilities so it could be way worse.
Yeah I know it's an incredibly bizarre scenario to sherdoggers. All I can really say there is it's very common when people are poor. And we've lived together and worked together across multiple states going back many years. So it's not like this was a new situation. This was the third time we'd shared a place together in the third state.

Would advocate to stop drinking and smoking for starters, TS.

Those vices will only help bring you lower.

Then work towards building your skillset and network for a better job.

Some of you are aware of my general situation. About five years ago I moved out here for work with my best and last remaining friend. Great success on the finding work, but not much else is working out.

Anyways the first couple years after I moved here I was living on my own. I was struggling, my friend was struggling, so me and him and his family started renting a house together. We've been doing that for three years now. Well some shit popped off and I ended up moving out. I find the way shit played out pretty unforgivable. His wife is a cunt, and her family are the only people I really associate with other than my friend. So my entire small social circle is gone now.

My pseudo family that I've spent every holiday and special occasion with for the last 5 years. And my best friend since 2007. The only thing that's really been a consistent and stable part of my life for the last 15 years. Gone. I've been through so much loss, abandonment, and betrayal that it's basically no big deal now. Never trust anyone or get particularly close to anyone anymore. But this shit stilll stings. I thought I'd already lost everything I could lose. I didn't think I could really lose the last person that gives a shit about me. I'm more mad at myself for ever thinking I can trust anyone or rely on them in any way. Shoulda known better by now.
You hang in there buddy.

I wasn’t trying to bump this, think this showed up under Shitdawg’s latest posts somehow. Didn’t see the last timestamp.

Good luck, TS.
Since the update the forum makes it look Like old posts are new sometimes. I know there was no negative intent I've seen your posts here over the years, you're a good guy.

To anyone that might be wondering I was at a very low point when making this thread and for some time after. Fortunately, I managed to get a new job making a lot more money and with immediate access to health insurance.

I'm just putting my all into work right now and trying to slowly get my mental and physical health right. Recently, both my coworkers and bosses have had positive things to say about my work ethic and attitude.

It means a lot, that they don't even know I got the job basically despite myself, while on autopilot. But! I'm in the door. And I'm starting to pay off debts and make plans and regain my mental focus.

I love you guys , and happy new years and all the best to you and yours!

Last edited:
Since the update the forum makes it look Like old posts are new sometimes. I know there was no negative intent I've seen your posts here over the years, you're a good guy.

To anyone that might be wondering I was at a very low point when making this thread and for some time after. Fortunately, I managed to get a new job making a lot more money and with immediate access to health insurance.

I'm just putting my all into work right now and trying to slowly get my mental and physical health right. Recently, both my coworkers and bosses have had positive things to say about my work ethic and attitude.

It means a lot, that they don't even know I got the job basically despite myself, while on autopilot. But! I'm in the door. And I'm starting to pay off debts and make plans and regain my mental focus.

Sounds good. When the weight of the world is on your shoulders, it's best to keep things simple. Make your money and keep yourself on your feet. Avoid drama.

Best wishes for 2024.

Sounds good. When the weight of the world is on your shoulders, it's best to keep things simple. Make your money and keep yourself on your feet. Avoid drama.

Best wishes for 2024.
One big goal at a time, ideally trying to just stay busy until things get better. But things WILL get better. Best wishes to you too.

Good on you. It's nice to start the new year reading some positive sherbro news.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back