So I finally finished losing everything

Ive changed my circle of friends almost completely in my late 30s. So its not too late. Also for Depression, Training a lot keeps my head in a decent space.

Some of you are aware of my general situation. About five years ago I moved out here for work with my best and last remaining friend. Great success on the finding work, but not much else is working out.

Anyways the first couple years after I moved here I was living on my own. I was struggling, my friend was struggling, so me and him and his family started renting a house together. We've been doing that for three years now. Well some shit popped off and I ended up moving out. I find the way shit played out pretty unforgivable. His wife is a cunt, and her family are the only people I really associate with other than my friend. So my entire small social circle is gone now.

My pseudo family that I've spent every holiday and special occasion with for the last 5 years. And my best friend since 2007. The only thing that's really been a consistent and stable part of my life for the last 15 years. Gone. I've been through so much loss, abandonment, and betrayal that it's basically no big deal now. Never trust anyone or get particularly close to anyone anymore. But this shit stilll stings. I thought I'd already lost everything I could lose. I didn't think I could really lose the last person that gives a shit about me. I'm more mad at myself for ever thinking I can trust anyone or rely on them in any way. Shoulda known better by now.

Glad to hear things going are well. Good reminder that life generally has ups and downs.

Since the update the forum makes it look Like old posts are new sometimes. I know there was no negative intent I've seen your posts here over the years, you're a good guy.

To anyone that might be wondering I was at a very low point when making this thread and for some time after. Fortunately, I managed to get a new job making a lot more money and with immediate access to health insurance.

I'm just putting my all into work right now and trying to slowly get my mental and physical health right. Recently, both my coworkers and bosses have had positive things to say about my work ethic and attitude.

It means a lot, that they don't even know I got the job basically despite myself, while on autopilot. But! I'm in the door. And I'm starting to pay off debts and make plans and regain my mental focus.

I love you guys , and happy new years and all the best to you and yours!

That’s fucking badass.
Good to hear man.

you have to assess WHY these scumbags keep appearing in your life. i don't know you, so i don't know the answer but YOU know it. it could just be a run of bad luck, but i have a feeling there's a pattern here that connects all these people and you. when you figure out what that pattern is that keeps bringing all these cunts into your life then you figured out how to stop these bastards from bringing you down and you can finally live your life.

I was gonna try to post some funny stuff in reply but the forum sux now and I'm on my phone so it's impossible to post media because im in my 40s.

Just know the INTENT was there ok?

It might sound like a strange suggestion, but do you play computer games?

Joining a clan is a fantastic way to make internet friends - a group of buddies you can hang with every evening, but without any of the real-life commitment which caused you to get burnt in the past.

Back