So Do We Finally Have a Clear #2 MW GOAT?

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
First of all I just want to say that right now many of you guys are doing to Adesanya what you did to Silva and other great champions of the past.

You shit on the performances of every opponent Israel beats rather than recognizing what Israel is doing to completely shutdown their gameplan and their biggest weapons.

He did it to Brunson, Whittaker, and Costa. You guys blamed them for being stupid. Israel fucked their heads. Izzy and Coach Bareman are like fucking scientists.

Chris Weidman would be another debatable candidate but I would say that Israel has the more impressive championship performances and wins. For one, Israel is fighting young KO artists, in their prime. All guys younger than himself. The only old guy he fought is arguably the GOAT old guy and IMO is up there with the greatest 185ers and still one of the hardest guys to beat in Romero.

I rest my case.

To be the best you have to beat the best.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F871061292%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

Israel paper champ

I think so. He and Weidman are close and can see argued either way. But I would have Adesanya at #2. Undefeated streak and wins over Brunson, Anderson, Gastelum, Whittaker, Romero and Costa is a great resume. And I think most of those guys were in their primes or close enough to it.

First of all I just want to say that right now many of you guys are doing to Adesanya what you did to Silva and other great champions of the past.

You shit on the performances of every opponent Israel beats rather than recognizing what Israel is doing to completely shutdown their gameplan and their biggest weapons.

He did it to Brunson, Whittaker, and Costa. You guys blamed them for being stupid. Israel fucked their heads. Izzy and Coach Bareman are like fucking scientists.

Chris Weidman would be another debatable candidate but I would say that Israel has the more impressive championship performances and wins. For one, Israel is fighting young KO artists, in their prime. All guys younger than himself. The only old guy he fought is arguably the GOAT old guy and IMO is up there with the greatest 185ers and still one of the hardest guys to beat in Romero.

I rest my case.

He is

Fight fans are retarded

Every time floyd beat an opponent, he was trash after

However, The same opponent was awesome when manny fought them after floyd lol

Izzy was immense and I have ate crow

It was a an amazing striking performance

He is going to be a hard man to beat

PS I still say whoever is #2 MW is still below Hendo overall. Hendo’s accomplishments just doesn’t fit nicely into one weight class....

I would say yes
Weidman had a tougher competition than Adesanya, but his losses are pretty bad.
Mousasi has a great resume, but at MW, LHW, HW and OW.
Same for Hendo.
I see nobody else.

Weidman has:
Munoz
Prime Silva x2
Maia
Machida
Vitor
Gas

Adesanya has:
Whittaker
Old Romero
Costa
Gas
Brunson
old Silva

Better competition for Weidman.
But his losses, though...

I rest my case.

Na.. Cant beat 2 ww's and be called one of the goat.. Costa hasnt proved Shit.

Mousasi has a better resume

I'll never understand why people have such a hard on for Mousasi. Yes definitely skilled, but MW GOAT? He always shits the bed in the big fights.

Why not ? Strikeforce champ, pride champ dream and bellator champ..

Has over 45wins

We will see what iseral looks like after over 50+plus fights.

I can tell your new to mma

I'll never understand why people have such a hard on for Mousasi. Yes definitely skilled, but MW GOAT? He always shits the bed in the big fights.
Look at his wins. He should have gotten a title shot too.

Too soon.

And no, that is not meant to discredit his wins so far, they're all pretty good.

His resume is tremendous. A great fighter.

But good 0-2 against top 5 opponents in the UFC was not meaningless and should not be overlooked. IMO.

Cant base a whole resume on 2 fights..

Mousasi would beat isearal. Even if he doesnt. His resume is way better then isareal.

Back