So Do We Finally Have a Clear #2 MW GOAT?

I would say yes
Weidman had a tougher competition than Adesanya, but his losses are pretty bad.
Mousasi has a great resume, but at MW, LHW, HW and OW.
Same for Hendo.
I see nobody else.

Weidman has:
Munoz
Prime Silva x2
Maia
Machida
Vitor
Gas

Adesanya has:
Whittaker
Old Romero
Costa
Gas
Brunson
old Silva

Better competition for Weidman.
But his losses, though...
This is why I think Chris is ahead right now.

For me, losses don't undo accomplishments. Muhammad Ali did what he did, despite losing after he was out of his prime. Most people recognize that. However, MMA is more guilty of this than other sports IMO, in that most sports don't suggest than hits someone takes as they age might actually undo the accomplishments they reached earlier. Doesn't really make any sense.

Him or Weidman.

Weidman fought tougher fighters but the argiment is that they werent in their primes.

Izzys clearing guys out in their primes, i can see an argument for both.

Are people really discrediting the Costa win? That was a work of art. I am seriously asking because I logged off sort of early after the fights.

Anyway, I still have Chris as #2. Obviously Anderson and Machida were near or at their peaks when he beat them. Still think Machida win is one of the most underrated title wins in recent history.

Obviously Izzy has less title defenses than Chris, but with the names he's adding I'd say it is very close right now. A win over Jared ties them I think. I still think prime Chris was a very bad style for Izzy, but unfortunately we never got it. Arguably prime Chris and Izzy never co-existed... maybe prime Chris and green Izzy only. Oh well, time is a bitch I guess.
They have the same amount of championship victories if you count the Gastelum fight. Especially since we count Anderson 2x for Chris.

Some are claiming Costa didn't go for it instead of recognizing that Israel shutdown his openings and setups. Especially the roundhouse to the body.

Weidman: 3 title defenses
Adesanya: 2 title defenses

Not yet.

AND... There is no such thing "2º GOAT". GOAT stands for "Greatest of all time", so there will be only one always. And the MW GOAT we all know who is, with a comfortably distance like Earth to Saturn.
show_1.jpg

Never was, never will be.

Last edited:
I would say yes
Weidman had a tougher competition than Adesanya, but his losses are pretty bad.
Mousasi has a great resume, but at MW, LHW, HW and OW.
Same for Hendo.
I see nobody else.

Weidman has:
Munoz
Prime Silva x2
Maia
Machida
Vitor
Gas

Adesanya has:
Whittaker
Old Romero
Costa
Gas
Brunson
old Silva

Better competition for Weidman.
But his losses, though...

Machida and Vitor were also old if youre using that argument to discredit Silva and Romero for Izzy.

First of all I just want to say that right now many of you guys are doing to Adesanya what you did to Silva and other great champions of the past.

You shit on the performances of every opponent Israel beats rather than recognizing what Israel is doing to completely shutdown their gameplan and their biggest weapons.

He did it to Brunson, Whittaker, and Costa. You guys blamed them for being stupid. Israel fucked their heads. Izzy and Coach Bareman are like fucking scientists.

Chris Weidman would be another debatable candidate but I would say that Israel has the more impressive championship performances and wins. For one, Israel is fighting young KO artists, in their prime. All guys younger than himself. The only old guy he fought is arguably the GOAT old guy and IMO is up there with the greatest 185ers and still one of the hardest guys to beat in Romero.

I rest my case.

Rockhold finished the "other debatable candidate" when he was the undefeated champion. Also finished Machida and Bisping, and beat Jacare, Kennedy and Branch. He has arguably better wins list but also much worse losses.

You sure showed me by listing off Mousasi's accolades OUTSIDE the premier MMA organization and not actually telling me why you think he's #2 MW
<{CMPALM}>{<jordan}
We're done here Jr.

I been watching ufc/mma longer then you.

This is why I think Chris is ahead right now.

For me, losses don't undo accomplishments. Muhammad Ali did what he did, despite losing after he was out of his prime. Most people recognize that. However, MMA is more guilty of this than other sports IMO, in that most sports don't suggest than hits someone takes as they age might actually undo the accomplishments they reached earlier. Doesn't really make any sense.
Him or Weidman.

Weidman fought tougher fighters but the argiment is that they werent in their primes.

Izzys clearing guys out in their primes, i can see an argument for both.

If Weidman has a case, so does Rockhold, who actually finished undefeated champion Weidman, and his wins over Machida, Bisping and Jacare are comparable to Costa, Kelvin and Romero for Israel.

I been watching ufc/mma longer then you.
Then that says more about your ability to learn more than anything, been watching MMA all this time and you still don't know what you're watching? What a tard.

I can tell talent. I called izzy beating sloppy costa..
You're overrating the shit out of Mousasi, to be fair. His resume is not better than Adesanya's and he has lost quite a few. That's not to mention that Adesanya is clearly a better and more dynamic striker head to head as well.

Mousasi is a really good fighter, but he got completely dominated by Jacare. Machida clearly go the better of him as well. He also got obliterated by Uriah Hall. Going 20-0 without a blemish like Adesanya has is fairly remarkable. He's probably #2. Mousasi would get BLACKED.

He definitely has a case but will never be #1, Silva was on another level. It will be interesting to see if Khamzat lives up to the hype, that could be an interesting fight. I think Whittaker could give him a tough time in a rematch as well.

To be the best you have to beat the best.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F871061292%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

Israel paper champ
Funny but people might actually believe this in here. Costa should have retired before fighting Izzy. He would be uncrowned Sherdog goat 4Eva

You're overrating the shit out of Mousasi, to be fair. His resume is not better than Adesanya's and he has lost quite a few. That's not to mention that Adesanya is clearly a better and more dynamic striker head to head as well.

Mousasi is a really good fighter, but he got completely dominated by Jacare. Machida clearly go the better of him as well. He also got obliterated by Uriah Hall. Going 20-0 without a blemish like Adesanya has is fairly remarkable. He's probably #2. Mousasi would get BLACKED.

Lol ur stupid. Beating former ww's doesnt make you the best..
Beating brunson?
Give mousasi those fights he would win

You act like izzy fought all 20 fights in ufc. Dude beat a old ass gullard

Then that says more about your ability to learn more than anything, been watching MMA all this time and you still don't know what you're watching? What a tard.

Dude shut up ....

Izzy is beating up former ww's and fuk he beat Melvin gullard at the end of his career

Back