So Dana how is wall'n stall better than clinch?

this, i didn't know landing 274 of 378 total strikes in 23 minutes was stalling...

Most of those shots weren't very powerful is all. Not that Cain didn't do damage, it's just that had JDS not tried to free himself up and push Cain away, we would have likely seen Cain push JDS against the cage and hit him with soft shots all night. The most damage occurred when they were separated. It is funny that Dana was talking shit about W Klitscko though, because Cain did a very similar thing last night. I still enjoyed the fight, much more than the W Klit fight.... but still, funny.

Good thing there was no wall and stalling in the Cain JDS fight then, huh?

I was bored by this fight, but it wasn't stalling. I did get a bit frustrated when he kept clinching up with JDS when Junior was pretty much out on the feet.

I thought it was a fairly entertaining beatdown. Although, it was frustrating to watch Cain not go for the finish in the third. I can usually understand fighters not wanting to over-commit but that was ridiculous. JDS was out and presented no danger at that point.

Most of those shots weren't very powerful is all. Not that Cain didn't do damage, it's just that had JDS not tried to free himself up and push Cain away, we would have likely seen Cain push JDS against the cage and hit him with soft shots all night. The most damage occurred when they were separated. It is funny that Dana was talking shit about W Klitscko though, because Cain did a very similar thing last night. I still enjoyed the fight, much more than the W Klit fight.... but still, funny.

Its stupid to even compaire the two. The clinch game is part of MMA and you can (and Cain did) do some real damage from it. Clinching in Boxing is not going to lead to damage being done and the ref will instantly break it up.

Whats funny is some people are stupid enough to compare the two

Because clinchwork is an essential part of mma, but to a larger degree a gaming aspect of boxing.

Dana has plenty of double standards, but I don't think it's all that relevant here.

I don't think I'd call it "wall n' stall", but I do think that Cain was far more cautious than he needed to be. Cain was dominating the exchanges when they separated. JDS probably could have been finished at any point from the 3rd round on but Cain stayed disciplined and stuck to his game plan. Did it make for an incredibly exciting fight? No, probably not. But it's hardly something to criticize him for.

You're lucky asking this on Sherdog and not to Dana's face. He would immediately start calling you an idiot, the biggest moron he has ever seen and you would never hear the end of it

he's a grandmaster of rhetoric

although to be fair, there was nothing boring about this fight. Just a bit of sadness seeing JDS get destroyed

I was there live. Crowd was pro mexican obviously, but started to get upset with all the walling and stalling. In the 2nd or 3rd they started booing anytime Cain would put JDS against the fence.

Dana cant hate on boxings clinching, when his sports does something similar. Personally, it wasnt very aesthetically pleasing, everyone was on their feet everytime they separated, no doubt Cain was more dominant, but it was pretty boring minus the scrambles/strikes landed on the separation. It was like a slower/more one sided version of what Cormier did to Nelson, except didnt get the finish.

The fights all the way up to the co-main and main event were amazing, the last two lacked to carry the fire, but everyone was so pro Mexican, as long as Cain didnt lose, everyone was happy. The country folk crowd loved Nelson & Jordan, too bad neither could deliver.

Back