So Covington vs Woodley, who wins?

VanMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Right now I'll probably give the edge to Woodley. It'll be very tough for Colby to control T-Wood. He also has more power and explosiveness than Colby.

Thoughts?

Woodley

Colby relies on his chin too much
Getting hit by RDA and getting hit by Tyron is a different level

I want the guy who actually likes America to win, but after watching Woodley tonight he beats every 170er on the roster right now.

Woodley likely smokes him.

That said, Colby is a really, REALLY good MMA wrestler and grinder, so it could be a close fight if it goes the full 5.

Woodley is a better and more explosive version of Colby. He probably beats Covington easily.

Woodley by being better everywhere.

BogusEsteemedLeafhopper-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

I think Colby gets starched, but at least there is time for a good build now.

I would be a fairweather fan if I say I'm with Covington and think Woodley will win.

So I'm all in with Colby Covington. He reminds me of Jake Shields who is my favorite WW of all time. War Covington! Shock the world!

I can't see how Colby has anything for Woodley, he wont be able to walk foward and smother him like RDA. Woodley is better all around. The blue print to beat Woodley was demonstrated by Rory, which is just to stay outside and pick him apart. Colby gets smashed.

Woodley

Colby relies on his chin too much
Getting hit by RDA and getting hit by Tyron is a different level

Colby got bloodied up by Maia's stand up, that should tell you who wins on the feet. I don't see him outwrestling Woodley either. Colby is about to get impeached from Trump's white house.

A pressure fighting wrestler with poor striking offense and defense and finishing ability

or

A vicious counter puncher with the best TDD stat in the UFC (97%) who's more athletic and experienced

I wonder...

Woodley is a better and more explosive version of Colby. He probably beats Covington easily.
The difference lies in the gas tank. Woodley‘s tank lasts one round, Colby‘s lasts five.

Only edge I see Colby having is cardio.. don't think he's better than Woodley anywhere else.

I expect it to be a pretty easy fight for Tyron. I don’t see where Colby would be better.

The difference lies in the gas tank. Woodley‘s tank lasts one round, Colby‘s lasts five.

Woodley has the best pacing of any fighter with his build. He has never lost a fight because of his gas tank, and Colby has nothing he can do to wear on Woodley, because Woodley is better everywhere. Woodley can fight at any pace he wants and beat Covington at any pace he wants.

Back