So about that “ufc vs Bellator”

I can only assume he means they don't have all the best talent, which is true. Nobody could actually think they don't have the best overall roster.

Im not sure tbh. They of course dont have all the best talent but they have a higher percentage than any org in mma history and they have like 90% of the top 15 of each division.

Im not sure tbh. They of course dont have all the best talent but they have a higher percentage than any org in mma history and they have like 90% of the top 15 of each division.

I'd say probably 75-80% on average but if the argument was that there are people outside the UFC who could be ranked then he's right.

I'd say probably 75-80% on average but if the argument was that there are people outside the UFC who could be ranked then he's right.

I could see 80%, thats 12 of 15 but nothing lower than that.

Besides being a shill, what do the fucking ratings have to do with you? You probably push against fighters for asking for more money.

The UFC is the greatest promotion on earth but certainly doesn't have the best talent. That is a fact.

they have the best talent... there may be a handful of guys who are potential UFC champions in other organizations, but they will eventually get them too

Unless you're an investor, it really doesn't matter. I will admit that bellators production value and pacing is terrible.

He's right, but there is so much depth, and the match making is so good, that there are plenty of guys outside of the top 15 in the UFC that would be considered hot prospects or top tier fighters going against lesser competition in other organizations that can't get ranked higher in the UFC because they're fighting other killers and can't string wins together. There's like 500-600 guys on the UFC roster. That's nuts.

I could see 80%, thats 12 of 15 but nothing lower than that.

So I'd say..

HW - Vitaly Minakov, Ali Isaev and Valentin Moldavsky for sure.
LHW - Vadim Nemkov, Corey Anderson, Rumble Johnson, Ryan Bader for sure, maybe Julius Anglickas.
MW - Vladimir Mineev, Gegard Mousasi, Magomed Ismailov for sure
WW - Yaroslav Amasov, Roberto Soldic, Douglas Lima for sure, maybe Logan Storley, Ray Cooper and MVP
LW - Christian Lee and Abdul Aziz Abdulvakhabov
FW - AJ Mckee, Patricio Pitbull, Islam Omarov, Emmanuel Sanchez, Mads Burnell
BW - Rustam Kerimov, Kyoji Horiguchi, possibly Sergio Pettis and Juan Archuleta
FLW - Adriano Moraes, Demetrious Johnson, Jussier Formiga
BW - Kayla Harrison
FLW - Julianna Velasquez, Ilima-Lei MacFarlane, Denise Kielholtz
SW - Angela Lee

So yeah, probably about right.

I'm guessing most MMA fans don't have Showtime or don't know enough to check MMA Junkie's event bout listing to see Bellator on paper was superior to UFC's shit card with shit main event.

The rise of AJ McKee vs. Uriah Hall with a case of the twisties. Easy choice.

I find both the ends of this Bellator vs UFC spectrum to be idiots
On one hand why celebrate low ranking for another MMA promotion which has a few very good fighters and on the other we have people who believe UFC doesn't have most of the best talent in the world and look to discredit UFC champions

Just enjoy both. Bellator isn't anywhere near the UFC in exposure and ratings. Everyone knows that. The Belloltor shills are gonna talk their talk. I just want to see good fights and good matchups. I hope Bellator can step it up on both fronts going forward. They need to. It isn't like I'm going to stop watching, but I'm sure some others will.
How many of you are paid UFC shills??? Fuck...
How did we (especially you) get labelled "UFC shill"? {<huh}

I think the fighters care, it's kind of sad for them to have a spectacular performance that nobody watches. AJ had one of the best FW performances of all time but more people watched Cheyanne Buys against Gloria De Paula.
Yeah I get that but not why an MMA fan would be happy about a entertaining MMA card not doing well like TS.

90% of the top 15 is way too high for LHW, FW and WW. Bellator's LHW is better IMO and FW and WW are strong divisions as well that aren't too far off the UFC divisions in depth and talent.

Just enjoy both. Bellator isn't anywhere near the UFC in exposure and ratings. Everyone knows that. The Belloltor shills are gonna talk their talk. I just want to see good fights and good matchups. I hope Bellator can step it up on both fronts going forward. They need to. It isn't like I'm going to stop watching, but I'm sure some others will.

This.. it is all about exposure.

At the moment it isn't even a fair fight. UFC has better TV coverage, better international coverage and better press coverage. The same fights in UFC if they were made in bellator wouldn't be anywhere near as successful. People don't realise how important the brand itself is to viewership.

UFC is so regular now I am sure many people watch it every week regardless of who is fighting which is why it didn't really matters buys was the co-main for the last fight night. People still tuned in.

Back