News Smoke from California's wildfires likely killed more than 1,200 people – nearly 50 times the number

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
@fingercuffs scary stuff, that smoke was very bad but I had no clue this many people died from the smoke inhalation.

Smoke from California's wildfires likely killed more than 1,200 people – nearly 50 times the number who perished in the flames
1d074e44cbc691c59dbfdc2893ef9948

• Wildfire smoke has likely killed more than 1,200 people in California this year, according to Stanford researchers.

• That's because smoke contains harmful particles that can enter the lungs and bloodstream, raising people's risk of heart attacks, strokes, and premature death.

• The analysis only looked at people over 65 in California, so its estimate of smoke-related deaths is probably an undercount.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/smoke-californias-wildfires-likely-killed-195500089.html

@fingercuffs scary stuff, that smoke was very bad but I had no clue this many people died from the smoke inhalation.

Smoke from California's wildfires likely killed more than 1,200 people – nearly 50 times the number who perished in the flames
1d074e44cbc691c59dbfdc2893ef9948

• Wildfire smoke has likely killed more than 1,200 people in California this year, according to Stanford researchers.
    • That's because smoke contains harmful particles that can enter the lungs and bloodstream, raising people's risk of heart attacks, strokes, and premature death.
Ouch. Did my normal cough vomit thing at 6.30ish this morning but just getting over it, it was fine today and will be for a while so it'll be fine. I know I'm prone to it, it's just something I have to put up with. When we have good air days, I'm having a happy day :)

Its tragic, but also good to keep in mind the sheer numbers of people in the area. 1,200 dead but how many million people exposed to the smoke?

Ouch. Did my normal cough vomit thing at 6.30ish this morning but just getting over it, it was fine today and will be for a while so it'll be fine. I know I'm prone to it, it's just something I have to put up with. When we have good air days, I'm having a happy day :)

I was doing the ole "cough-vomit" thing one time and coughed so hard I cracked a rib. Really sucked, made it hard to breath and that's when I realized why its so difficult for a UFC fighter to continue on with a broken rib.

I was doing the ole "cough-vomit" thing one time and coughed so hard I cracked a rib. Really sucked, made it hard to breath and that's when I realized why its so difficult for a UFC fighter to continue on with a broken rib.
Dude you were faking it so you could duck the cough-vomit, dont lie to yourself.

that family that did the baby gender reveal shit needs to get locked up.

and have their baby taken away from them and put in foster care.

fucking idiots.

Oh damn. Sorry. I get a sore chest most mornings and never make it to the bathroom so I have carrier bags in every room. Not a nice conversation, sorry. As soon as I cough in the morning I know it's coming. Normally Gateorade but milk this morning as well which...yeah.

Thanks for ruining the air quality and contributing to climate change asshole.

that family that did the baby gender reveal shit needs to get locked up.

and have their baby taken away from them and put in foster care.

fucking idiots.

Or how about throw a normal party without fucking explosives?

How hits did the gender reveal video get that caused it?

Or how about throw a normal party without fucking explosives?
well basically, yeah.

make a few phone calls, 'oh hi friends and family, we are having a girl.'

how hard is that?

Oh damn. Sorry. I get a sore chest most mornings and never make it to the bathroom so I have carrier bags in every room. Not a nice conversation, sorry. As soon as I cough in the morning I know it's coming. Normally Gateorade but milk this morning as well which...yeah.

Do you have asthma or smoke cigs or something? I've always had breathing problems since I was a kid so its been sort of a lifelong thing with me.

Do you have asthma or smoke cigs or something? I've always had breathing problems since I was a kid so its been sort of a lifelong thing with me.
Ex smoker so haven't given my lungs the greatest chance really. Silly side effects from some meds I'm on so I could do with just being inside till December rill wildfire season is over but we want what we want. Not possible.

Back