Smartest MMA fighter

23 UFC fights, 14-9 and only finished once. That's incredible. Name a fighter with 23 UFC fights, not named Jon Jones or Frankie Edgar, who was finished no more than once. Not GSP, BJ Penn, Matt Hughes, Randy Couture, Chuck Liddell, Anderson Silva, Cain Velasquez, etc.
That alone makes Nate Diaz among the toughest fighters ever. And he's smart. And rich.

Dude you define Nate only by his record he fought his whole career in the UFC while Cro Cop was kicking poor Croatian guys head in unknown leagues. Its a fact his UFC stint is trash. Lets not even compare skill, Cro Cop got 1 good move and its his left kick that's it, Fedor a sambo guy boxed him to death.
When Cro Cop murdering people in Pride, their heavier division was stacked, and the UFC belt was being fought for by dudes like Paul Buentello and Justin Eilers.

You're either a shitty troll, or you're clueless about your mma history.

Either way, it's not longer necessary for me to make you look more stupid, you're doing it all on your own so carry on.

mma fighters are smart just about as much as wmmma fighters are beautiful women.

I'm going with Sakuraba

you said

"The guy is being charged with rape" Link where he is being charged for rape

then you add

"fathering illegitimate children" (plural) Link the proof

So either you are talking out of your ass from a place of hate or you are an idiot

so Micheal Jackson was a good guy too according to your terms?

You think so?

The guy is being charged with rape, assault, destroying someone's property, fathering illegitimate children and obviously has a serious coke habit.

You really think he's that smart?

Apparently Einstein was fond of Heroin. Intellect isn't mutually exclusive with common sense.

That said I agree that Conor is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Tyson did way worse and is he still seen as legend. In 15 years from now Conor will still be seen as the most successful MMA fighter
If "most successful" means made the most money, then maybe.

Also, Tyson was for real, there was no talking or gimmicks needed, the guy was head and shoulders above everyone else for many years, and boxing has never seen anything like him before or since.

Conor was just another good MMA striker, if you take aways the talk and the hype, his little 8 fight win streak or whatever it was, was not that special and there were a dozen other lesser known fighters doing just as well but without the push and the noise.

nate-diaz-blunt.jpg

Well, ok no he's not... but in a way he is.

I cant think of another fighter who's done more with less. The guy is a career gatekeeper at best, lost about 40% of his fights, and got his ass completely handed to him any time he took on the elite fighters like RDA, Bendo, Rory, etc... got beat by B level manlets like Joe Daddy Stevenson, Hermes Franca, Clay Guida, and some dude who I never heard of and cant remember his name now.

Ya, I guess Nate did have his brother's gimmick that he played pretty well too, but he wasn't really going anywhere or doing much with his career in MMA, and what else is a guy like him gonna do for money once that not so successful career was over?

Then, after a win over another unremarkable fighter named Michael Johnson, Nate gets the mic shoved in his face in a post fight interview, and he changes his life with a single sentence:

"CONOR MCGREGOR, YOU'RE TAKIN' EVERYTHING I WORKED FOR MOTHERFUCKER, I'MA FIGHT YOUR ASS NEXT"
maxresdefault.jpg

Then RDA ends up injuring his foot, the fight with Conor is off, a short notice replacement is needed, and who gets the call? None other than Nate dogg. So an out of shape burnout fat skinny Nate says "ya let's do it bitch" and the rest is history.

Now, two Conor fights later Nate is sitting on millions and laughing at the UFC and MMA. He's not taking any fights cause fuck taking shots to the head for peanuts, he wants that big payday or nothing and who can blame him. I cant think of another fighter who's done more with less, and who's capitalized on his opportunity as good as Nate Diaz. People like to joke about how stupid he is, and doesn't know what a gazelle is, etc... but he was sure smart enough to set himself for life, while other supposedly much more intelligent fighters are still getting their brain cells reduced for chump change.

Nate-Diaz.jpg

Hit the nail on the head though I disagreed at first your post changed my view.

Not a world beater and not super charismatic but gets big money through playing the game just right.

Maybe not the smartest but he is doing smart things with his money: Gegard Mousasi.

He buys houses in the historic city centre of Leiden where houses are worth 300k or more.

Chael Sonnen is a bright guy, but it all depends if we’re talking in cage IQ or IQ in general.

When Cro Cop murdering people in Pride, their heavier division was stacked, and the UFC belt was being fought for by dudes like Paul Buentello and Justin Eilers.

You're either a shitty troll, or you're clueless about your mma history.

Either way, it's not longer necessary for me to make you look more stupid, you're doing it all on your own so carry on.
Fair point but that doesn't take away that Nate fought at the strongest Division in the UFC almost his whole career and you make him out to be this nobody, it makes me question if you know anything about skill or if you are too busy fiddling something. Any HW division in any point in time in MMA is the weakest, Pride had the best HW Division yet they also had pro wrestlers and faked fights I wouldn't call that stacked.

Cro Cop wasn't 40 when he fought in the UFC and his record is shit in the UFC, I know its hard to understand difference of opinion its hard for people with special unabilitys.

A tip don't call someone stupid or pretend you made someone stupid when you have no real arguments besides that and its a weak argument at that. Lets talk about skill, in what area of MMA is or was Cro Cop better than Nate besides kicking. I really would love the answer because you would have to explain to me how a HW is more skilled than a LW please go on, be explicit.

gsp by far doesnt let emotions get in the way of his game plan or tj dillashaw

As if your avatar wasn't enough to tell me you're a fluffer, you come at me with this emotional post.
Look people he cant answer so he tries (and failed) to divert lol

<Dany07>

Anderson. Drops his hands and eats shots, pure genious they would never see it coming

Yes either Nate or Michael Bisping imo

Could even argue GSP for getting out exactly when he did and preserving his mystique

GSP easy. Its not even close. When you are studying a opponents reaction time based on frames from their UFC fights and building a game plan based on it you are pretty fucking ahead of the game even in this day and age.

Name a fighter with 23 UFC fights, not named Jon Jones or Frankie Edgar, who was finished no more than once.

maia has had 29 ufc fights and has only been finished by nate marquardt 10 years ago.

Jorge Masvidal. From togh South Fl up bringing to backyard brawler, to UFC, and now to major star via three piece and a soda.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back