Slicks Mayberry International House of Prayer and positive vibes, man.

Jokes, jabs and all that shiznit aside, good idea for a thread slick.

Don't be surprised when it goes south, this is the internet.

I've been frequenting Christian churches for 3-4 years now and do not believe that Jesus was the son of God, but I've made and am still making a lot of good friends there whilst being supported in my harder battles and being blessed with the opportunities to help others.

A lot of people who criticize you for your beliefs are actually scapegoating you for the indiscretions of the church as a whole.
Religious arguments rarely have anything to do with the probability of a divine or omnipresent being.

I'm just ranting now. Can I help anybody?
It's nice visiting different churches, I really like the different energies you find at different places. A nondenominational Saturday night service with great music is radically different than a big beautiful Catholic mass, and a service in a tiny Cowboy church in a small town is even more different. All of them have unique things that can be really great to experience. I totally expect a lot of jokes and hounding in this thread, it's actually going great for a thread even slightly related to anything theistic or spiritual. I totally agree about the arguments rarely being about the beliefs themselves, there's not much to debate there really. It's all faith, I think that's where humility is needed though, no one can know, you can't judge anyone for what they personally feel inside.

I know someone who's recently suffered two ACL injuries while training, I'd love to see him back in the gym as soon as possible.
I wonder how God selects which prayers to answer? Is it based on quality or quantity or something entirely arbitrary such as whim? He works in mysterious and capricious ways, apparently. If one does believe in Him, one could also call him cruel.

Nevertheless, even though cynics like me have somewhat highjacked the thread, I wish it and you all the success in the world.
I personally don't think it's such a literal thing. Just the energy of God working through effort and consciousness. And some prayers may hold more weight, I don't really know. All I know is, I can personally do all I can do help bring positivity and faith to the situation.
Yes it is

Imo the problem with that is you're thinking of God in human terms, as if He is human. He isn't. So applying human logic for something that isn't human, and that we can't fully understand, just doesn't work. That doesn't make Him any less real. But He isn't human, doesn't think or act like humans do, and isn't bound by the things that humans are bound by.

Just my opinion, though. I don't understand it all any better than anyone else. But I wish you all the best and wish to see love prevail in our ever-increasingly callous world.
Excellent point. It's like trying to understand the purpose of the universe and everything that fills it. We can study it forever and never completely understand it, but through effort and seeking wisdom, we take another step forward.
I hear you. It would be unfair of me to start some kind of debate here within this hallowed thread, so I won't; in addition they are the most pointless to be had on the internet. Maybe some prayers will be answered ITT by some omnipotent, omnipresent entity. Good luck all who try and get an answer.
I LOVE debates. I think they're great, especially in places like this. As long as they're done with actual effort to gain knowledge and insight, and not for ignorant people to shout the loudest, it's never a bad thing. It's a great topic you brought up, I've thought it over many times in my life.
i wanna feel the love. how do i get to feel this love.
Let my love inside of you, deep inside. :wink:
God is just the creative engine of the universe, god is everything

Evil is a destroyer. This universe has balance

The way I look at it, evil is like fire on a much greater scale, it's necessary but isn't necessarily controllable and is ultimately deadly when you don't have control. The universe needs perspective, without the dark, the beauty of the light doesn't quite hold as much power.

Ill bite. My mate gave birth 5 weeks ago, due to me being away and her tight schedule (y'know motherhood and all that shit) I had not seen her son yet. I had to go into work today for a job I hate. She came down with her son and we chilled for a few hours then I took them for lunch.

Was a hot day (in the 20's). I had a rare rump steak and two cold ciders. nicest day at work I have ever had (nicest, not easiest or most profitable). I dont attribute it to a 'god' or 'fate' all I know is my life is kind of shitty right now and I had a lovely day and I am thankfull for it

I tell you man, we've been in a pretty awful drought here for years. We've had a couple of thunderstorms lately and they have been amazing. That water really breathes new life in to the land and in the people, I stood in the hail just to feel the moisture. A good day in the middle of a bad run can really bring new life to a person, I really feel like my life turned around during that blood moon eclipse not too long ago. It was a really great day during a very rough time in my life, and it gave me the boost I needed to ride the wave and turn everything around. I don't know where it will take me, but it's been beautiful since then.

I meant to say earlier, everyone is more than welcomed to PM me if you ever need to talk about anything. I really love this site, and have met some amazing people here. There's no way I've met all the friends I'll end up with here yet, so if I can help you, before I may even know you, that's awesome.

I meant to say earlier, everyone is more than welcomed to PM me if you ever need to talk about anything. I really love this site, and have met some amazing people here. There's no way I've met all the friends I'll end up with here yet, so if I can help you, before I may even know you, that's awesome.

Awe. That is a touching sentiment.

tumblr_inline_n0cuf21zoM1rjhn0z.gif

Awesome post, I was hoping to post some music but that was probably better than anything I could have done. Thanks, bud.

I support this thread. I believe Religious ideas, when approached in the right way, can help solve many of the world's problems.

Awesome post, I was hoping to post some music but that was probably better than anything I could have done. Thanks, bud.

The wife and I just saw them in Santa Ana a few weeks ago and it was a spiritual experience of the highest order for me, putting it mildly. Almost as powerful as the first time I re-read Way of the Peaceful Warrior.

I hate when an honest effort by a legit poster is trolled to death.

Slick, I don't have much faith but I appreciate anybody who would say a prayer for me. I likewise keep good thoughts for my fellow brothers and sisters of Sherdog.

Slick is seriously good people.

I also feel God is love. I believe a person can will things to happen, if they work hard enough at it, realistic positivity helps. I have no doubt in my mind when people come together in their minds, great things can happen. --- I've been to the top, down to the bottom, and am now working my way back up through the middle. Life was very difficult for a few years, and I almost drove myself nuts! That being said, whatever's going to happen, will. Try not to stress so much, it doesn't help . --- thanks, and I hope this thread produces!

The_Emperor_of_mankind_by_Noldofinve.jpg

the emperor of mankind smiles on me today

Slick, you seem like a legit good dude.

My only question is do you follow the old gods, or the new ones?

good idea Slick. I would gladly be the associate pastor of the Church of Sherdog.

My wife is pregnant. I have never wanted anything more than to have a healthy baby.

If I wasn't the third manliest dude on Sherdog, that would have made me shed a tear.
good idea Slick. I would gladly be the associate pastor of the Church of Sherdog.

Lol I came so close to calling the thread the Church of Sherdog but I didn't want it too specifically about any one faith.

Back