Single Guys: what percent of the women you date are met online?

I wonder why this is so.

I think it's because real chemistry can't be found in photos. You need to meet in real life for there to be any real attraction. I've never had an online thing last more than a few dates. Whether we fucked or not.

I think it's because real chemistry can't be found in photos. You need to meet in real life for there to be any real attraction. I've never had an online thing last more than a few dates. Whether we fucked or not.
But don't you think that hooking up with people online creates more opportunities to meet people in real life? Then once you do meet in real life because of the online connection you can then see if there's real chemistry/real attraction or not.

But don't you think that hooking up with people online creates more opportunities to meet people in real life? Then once you do meet in real life because of the online connection you can then see if there's real chemistry/real attraction or not.

I would say part of the problem though is that people look for an instant connection which doesn't often happen, often real life meets will be situations were chemistry came out before there was an attempt to hook up.

Last edited:
If you’re single and date a lot, what percent of the women you meet are met online?

I’ve been married and out of the game so long, I’m curious what it’s like in 2018. Is it about 50/50, or is it more like 90% of the women you meet are found through an app, or dating website?

If you’re not single but have single friends, what would you estimate their percentages are?
I’m 25 and single. About 90% of the girls I date are ones that I meet online from Tinder or bumble. It’s rare that I’ll ask a meet a girl on my daily routine from work/gym that i’ll ask out. I might meet a girl when I go out to bars and clubs with friends but I don’t do that very frequently. Maybe once every two months

i used to meet most of the women i date online. but i've realized that it's really a losing battle. mainly because those women have tons of guys vying for their attention, and when a woman finds someone who they think is better than you, they drop you like a bad habit and move on to that person.

i think the best way to meet women where you'll make a solid connection, is in real life. either through work, through public events, at bars, etc. you also save a lot of time from going back and forth online, simply to finally meet the person, and within five minutes you realize the person isn't what you thought she'd be like, and vice-versa. and all the time online was a waste.
Online dating isn’t that bad. It takes zero effort to have a Tinder profile.

I'm 36 but not a relationship guy. I have casual sex with girl friends. I've met none of them online. Either at work or through hanging out with friends. Also sometimes they hook me up with their friends because I'm a nice guy and sometimes chicks just want to bang.

Not sure if that helps your curiosity since I don't date.
What will you do in 10 years when you’re old and lonely?

Was 100% for a while, but then I realized going for coworkers or other women you routinely see in person is WAY better. I dont even bother with online any more

What will you do in 10 years when you’re old and lonely?

Come on Sherdog and make an angry thread about it.

I have friends and work mates like the poster who don't feel the need for female companionship and are single in their 50s.

These responses have been awesome so far, seriously. Very interesting.

It’s crazy how the internet has changed the meeting/mating game. Young cats like Fortniter33 have to waste zero hours of their life trying to find single women, and then master ways to meet and sleep with them.

Only losers date online

Real men like me approach women face-to-face

I have friends and work mates like the poster who don't feel the need for female companionship and are single in their 50s.

That's how I will end up most likely. I just have a hard time forming intimate relationships with people in general. I'm a pretty good pretender though. I can small talk quite easily with women but over a longer period of time I'm inapt when it comes to keeping a relationship going. My guess is that either I am socially crippled or that I just haven't met the right person yet.

When I was single I tried the online thing for a while. I used it just to bang for a while then I tried to use it to find something more serious and it didn't really work out for me.

The few girls that I met online that were actually interested in me did 1 or 2 quick meet ups and then wanted to take shit super slow. I'm talking sloth slow. As in I would invite them to hang out, they would decline and then spend the entire week blowing my phone up with apologies for not making time.

Couple weeks roll by I invite them out again and the same shit kept happening. If you're that into someone you should be able to find an hour or two a week to start feeling each other out.

Then one girl wanted to wait like 6 months to have sex... Yeah, you've been banging tinder dudes on the first date for who knows how long and now that you met a dude that is looking for a relationship you want to make him wait? The fuck outta here.

Last edited:

Yeah but what if your friends have a family of their own? They would be too busy to hang out. Not trying to sound like a dick

When I was single it was about 90% online, and was was amazing. Met some great women who I dated for a while, a couple of which I started thinking about marriage with. And I met very few crazies. Even my wife and I were on the same dating website, although we were introduced through more traditional means.

I have three different friends that tried this;two are married with kids now and the third is perma engaged to a crazy bitch. So tread lightly young man.

Yeah but what if your friends have a family of their own? They would be too busy to hang out. Not trying to sound like a dick

Ah, you might have got the wrong end of the stick, whilst I have friends like that who are still single, I'm looking at 45 in the rear view mirror, married with 2 kids. I'm the one who can't go out....one of my mates wanted me to go out tonight to watch MMA but I can't as I'm working then an early start tomorrow due to family commitments- my mates are often available but I'm not...

Haven't dated in a long while, but back when I did, I hit 100% long ago.

Does allow them to be a little choosy

But it's also a massive time & effort saver. Depending on the site structure and questions, you know instantly: that they are looking to date, what type of relationship they want, religion, desire for kids, level of education, smoking, etc.
All these huge dealbreaker items are immediately known and filtered, not surprise disappointments 2 months later.

0%

I don't think I've ever attempted to meet a single girl online and never used Tinder or any other dating apps. I have a really hard time wrapping my head around the appeal of online dating and I've never had the need for it personally. Who would want to participate in that rat race? It creates restrictions and sets up hoops for people to jump through, that are simply not there when you meet people in the real world. Talking to a girl in a flow of conversation where you can feel the chemistry is the way to go for me.

I met my current girlfriend on match. Other than that I never had a ton of success with online dating. I'm not good with seeing a ton of different people. I don't feel right setting up dates with different women at the same time.

I've been out of the game for about 10 years but I used to have some luck on Myspace

Back