Single Guys: what percent of the women you date are met online?

mommas homeboy

Women with dicks are women too!
Reaction score
If you’re single and date a lot, what percent of the women you meet are met online?

I’ve been married and out of the game so long, I’m curious what it’s like in 2018. Is it about 50/50, or is it more like 90% of the women you meet are found through an app, or dating website?

If you’re not single but have single friends, what would you estimate their percentages are?

i used to meet most of the women i date online. but i've realized that it's really a losing battle. mainly because those women have tons of guys vying for their attention, and when a woman finds someone who they think is better than you, they drop you like a bad habit and move on to that person.

i think the best way to meet women where you'll make a solid connection, is in real life. either through work, through public events, at bars, etc. you also save a lot of time from going back and forth online, simply to finally meet the person, and within five minutes you realize the person isn't what you thought she'd be like, and vice-versa. and all the time online was a waste.

After me and the ex of nine years broke up in 2015, every single one of them I met online. Guess that's how you gotta do it in your mid to late 30s when you have too much other shit going on.

I'm 36 but not a relationship guy. I have casual sex with girl friends. I've met none of them online. Either at work or through hanging out with friends. Also sometimes they hook me up with their friends because I'm a nice guy and sometimes chicks just want to bang.

Not sure if that helps your curiosity since I don't date.

I’ve tri d the online stuff a few different times over the years.

Seems like I just find crazy chicks and bang them for a while before meeting someone I end up actually dating for a good period of time in person.

None of my serious relationships have ever been an online meet.

I would say it's 60/40 online vs in person but all the in person ones are much better.

Online girls are strictly for sex. I thought everyone knew this.

I broke up with a long term GF in 2011, and was single until a year and a half ago. So during 6 years or so, I would say that 95% was online. I did get numbers from 4 girls (IIRC), while out with friends at bars, but did a LOT of dating from tinder (a few other swipe apps) and okcupid.

I have had 2 jobs through most of that time, so using apps and online is just a LOT easier.

I met my current girlfriend off tinder. Will likely get engaged later this year.

I'm 36 but not a relationship guy. I have casual sex with girl friends. I've met none of them online. Either at work or through hanging out with friends. Also sometimes they hook me up with their friends because I'm a nice guy and sometimes chicks just want to bang.

Not sure if that helps your curiosity since I don't date.

Well, you meet chicks you didnt know before and bang. That qualifies as dating in my book.

So yes, it does help my curiosity.

I broke up with a long term GF in 2011, and was single until a year and a half ago. So during 6 years or so, I would say that 95% was online. I did get numbers from 4 girls (IIRC), while out with friends at bars, but did a LOT of dating from tinder (a few other swipe apps) and okcupid.

I have had 2 jobs through most of that time, so using apps and online is just a LOT easier.

I met my current girlfriend off tinder. Will likely get engaged later this year.

Nice.

Online dating just seems so much easier. You can just sit around at home wearing boxer shorts, setting up dates. You never have to hit on anyone you’re not sure is interested.

i used to meet most of the women i date online. but i've realized that it's really a losing battle. mainly because those women have tons of guys vying for their attention, and when a woman finds someone who they think is better than you, they drop you like a bad habit and move on to that person.

i think the best way to meet women where you'll make a solid connection, is in real life. either through work, through public events, at bars, etc. you also save a lot of time from going back and forth online, simply to finally meet the person, and within five minutes you realize the person isn't what you thought she'd be like, and vice-versa. and all the time online was a waste.

Women you meet IRL do that too though. It's just easier for them to trade up online.

Women you meet IRL do that too though. It's just easier for them to trade up online.

yeah, they do. i've just found that the odds of those women getting attention from men are fewer than the chicks who do online dating. but in the end, there's going to be competition one way or the other.

well i started doing waaaaay better with women once i got the internet
shoulda gone right to online dating sites (free) but for years i thought they were for losers. once i tried it i realized it was good stuff.
i'd spent many hours in local chatrooms meeting women previously

90%. I think it was a great way to efficiently figure out what I truly like in a woman. If I had just waited for myself to get comfortable with women the old fashioned way, I'd probably still be one of those guys that is awkward with them. Online dating gave me the ability to get in "reps" at a faster pace.

I wonder why this is so.

With online, I think theirs a bit of forcing/compromise that goes on a lot. Real-life I feel like you more organically find that person. My personal conclusion was that I was dating women that I usually wouldn't have met in real life and sometimes that's for the better.

0%

Also if you look like your avatar I doubt online dating will be easy for you

None. I just met a girl on my flight. Likes to drink whiskey and smoke weed apparently. :D

I banged one girl from tinder. Haven't had much success otherwise

Back