Single Guys: what percent of the women you date are met online?

Why are you so mean?
lol at "mean".

Nothing "mean" in pointing out that gay and trans people exist in both the online and outside worlds. They do. They really do, you know.

So you are not going to avoid interacting with them in life unless you completely hide away from all life. In fact we have both gay and trans people on sherdog and yet here you are posting on this site. How are you not too terrified to do that, lest you end up interacting with them?

Yes mostly likely ugly girls. Sorry. But there is also the possibility that it was a good looking girl you had not seen yet who saw and 'liked' your profile first. They are hoping you are curious enough to pay to see. But you can imagine that you will get a lot of ugly girls 'liking' you who you did not 'like'.

So i just checked my Bumble profile and i have 71 'likes' from women I can pay to view right now. I assume that goes back to my signing on this App about 8 months ago.

Whenever you 'like' a girl that 'liked' you back you get notified with a message showing your her profile and giving her 24 hours to reach out to you. As time ticks out for her to reach out to you, you can actually pay to give her more time to reach out. Again not something I would ever do. You want the serious ones who are willing to put out that minimal effort of opening the door by reaching out first as the App requires.

Yeah, F that. If it’s free to meet the ones who also liked your pic, anything else is totally unnecessary. I can’t really judge how good or bad it is because I wasn’t on it long enough, and not having any profile info. probably had somewhat of a negative impact. I really don’t know.

If I were really trying to meet someone, I’d stay on for at least a few weeks, and do some research on how to make an attractive profile. It’s good that it’s working for you and so many others though. It sure beats having to get dressed up, drive somewhere, pay for parking, and drink overpriced alcohol just to meet some chicks you know nothing about, and may have no interest in ever seeing again.

Yeah, F that. If it’s free to meet the ones who also liked your pic, anything else is totally unnecessary. I can’t really judge how good or bad it is because I wasn’t on it long enough, and not having any profile info. probably had somewhat of a negative impact. I really don’t know.

If I were really trying to meet someone, I’d stay on for at least a few weeks, and do some research on how to make an attractive profile. It’s good that it’s working for you and so many others though. It sure beats having to get dressed up, drive somewhere, pay for parking, and drink overpriced alcohol just to meet some chicks you know nothing about, and may have no interest in ever seeing again.
Ya I see no extra value in the paid service. But people pay even on LinkedIn to see the hidden people who have viewed their profile. Some people just need to know.

That said I do like to meet people out as well. I have no issues chatting with women at bars or in coffee shops, but the close ratio is just lower as you have no preliminary interest gauge like you do with Bumble.

My favorite thing about Bumble is that I travel a lot for work and whenever I show up in a new city Bumble pops your profile up first for women in that city and I get all sorts of women reaching out to say hi. Women who know you do not live in the town and who know you will be leaving treat their time with much different much like women do when away, themselves, on vacation.

I say around 70%. But not all good.

I still have to put in the work. Twice as much, when communication is at first limited via text/phone/face time. You're absolutely right, there are 100s of other dudes messaging the same women. My method is as follows: message with something either really witty and clever, or to just be up-front and honest and initiate a conversation base on their profile/similar interests. I've talked with so many women, after the fact, asking how other guys approach online. Typically, the lady will pull out her phone and show me the messages they get. It's all "sup?" or "i want to eat ur ass," with very little in-between. I give a real-life approach in an online dating scenario, and it pays off, most of the time.
This is 100% true. Sending real thought out messages (even keying some of there interest on there profile) easily puts you above 80% of other men messaging them.

To add to this Men aren't just lazy in the opening message but there also extreme lazy on there profiles. Most mens profile are fucking boring. "I like drinking beer while watching sports and i'm really into my job" (typical profile and is extremely BORING and unoriginal).

Having your profile start out with what your interested in/passionate about helps tremendously with the initial conversation and gives them a generally idea of your personality.

A big PLUS i've found is just straight up writing what you dislike (for example I put for dislikes "excessive use of makeup/photo filters, alcohol, selfies, instagram".....ect).

Being blunt and basically calling out stupid self absorbed girls really helps. I can't tell you how many educated self respected women message me and write "yeah we hate that stuff too"

Your friends will have there own family though which will mean they are too busy to hang out. What about waking up in your own bed with no one year after year after year. Surely you don’t want that? Who will look after you when you’re sick?

I’m 25 and single and like being single but even I would want to be settled down by the time I’m 40

I think you have me confused with those people that need somebody around them constantly. I have been single most of my life. I have a great family and a great circle of friends. A lot of them have kids now and I still hang out with them and go to birthday parties. The kids love me because I'm down to play with them for 4 to 6 hours but after that I'm going to go and get drunk. My life has been good for 36 years and I live day by day. I'll come up with a plan for the future when the future gets here.

I sometimes think I saved a witch at some point in my life and she charmed me. I have no idea why everything works out for me in this world.

Back