Simple protein heavy recipes

BrassBalls

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am not the best cook. I pretty much wrap chicken breasts or legs, mushrooms, and veggies up in aluminum foil and throw them in the oven for a couple hours at 350 degrees. This and omelets are pretty much my diet staples (other than Chipotle). I thought I would see if you guys had any good and easy recipes to share.

If you don't mind the trouble of boiling some eggs, here's The Breakfast of Champions:

1. Crumble up some bread in a bowl and throw in some butter.
2. Soft-boil a few eggs. You can hard-boil them if you want since it is easier but soft-boiled is more delicious.
3. Peel eggs and throw away the shells, chop cooked eggs up, and mix contents together in the bowl.
4. For extra awesome, add in some sort of chopped up meat like sausage or bacon.
5. Feast.

If only there was a sub-forum dedicated to diet... maybe it could also be used for talking about supplements.... :icon_chee

Here's one I like: take a bunch of ground beef, brown it with mushrooms and onions and then add some tomato sauce, grated cheese and whatever spices float your boat (I usually use garlic, basil and ground pepper). You can add green peppers if you want some veggies in there. Then cram it down your throat hole. You can leave the cheese out, I find it doesn't make a big difference.

Can you buy a BBQ? BBQ'ing anything automatically makes it tastes better. Lately I've been putting a bit of olive oil on chicken breasts and putting either Montreal chicken spice or Lemon herb spice on it. While the chicken is cooking cut up:

- cucumber
- tomato
- red onion
- red/yellow bell peppers
- feta
- can of sliced black olives (drained)

Mix it all together and put some balsamic vinegar and olive oil on it. Eat a big plate of that and a couple chicken breasts. If you don't mind some carbs wrap it all in a pita with some tzatziki on it.

I've been addicted to that salad this summer. For lunch I often throw a can of tuna in with it.

Casein, the protein from eggs absorbs rapidly so its best immediately post-workout. I drink 3-5 raw eggs with Juice or Punch then chase that with 1 L of water post-workout. I haven't gotten sick yet but its probably doing a number on my cholesterol.

Pasteurized milk has 8 grams per 8 oz. Ultra-Pasteurized milk has 11 grams per 8 oz.
Fish, Poultry, Meat, Vegetable sources in that order all offer high quality protein. With Vegetables you need to combine at least two sources, preferably three to get your essential amino acids. If you are bulking up you can be more liberal with your sources of protein and calories, vice versa for maintaining or cutting.

Last edited:
Unless you can't afford it or are allergic, start by substituting turkey for chicken and bison for beef. That is about 1/4-1/3 more protein per 100 grams right there.

Raw sugar snap peas, or any legume (peas, beans, lentils) are all high in protein and easy enough to prepare, I don't have much in the way of recipes for them because I'm lazy and tend to just eat them plain or with little seasoning at all.

Simple healthy recipe.

One large whole wheat tortilla
One can of Goya black beans
3 scrambled egg whites
chopped cilantro
half a chopped tomato
half an avacado chopped
dash salt
dash pepper

Simple healthy recipe.

3 scrambled egg whites
chopped cilantro
half a chopped tomato
half an avacado chopped
dash salt
dash pepper

Why no love for the yoke?

jhbhjdsd whatever your name is. Casein is a slow digesting protein.

Simple healthy recipe.

3 scrambled egg whites
chopped cilantro
half a chopped tomato
half an avacado chopped
dash salt
dash pepper

That is protein heavy?

Brenden that second one sounds awesome. I will be trying that out. I do a similar thing with ground beef.

If you don't mind the trouble of boiling some eggs, here's The Breakfast of Champions:

1. Crumble up some bread in a bowl and throw in some butter.
2. Soft-boil a few eggs. You can hard-boil them if you want since it is easier but soft-boiled is more delicious.
3. Peel eggs and throw away the shells, chop cooked eggs up, and mix contents together in the bowl.
4. For extra awesome, add in some sort of chopped up meat like sausage or bacon.
5. Feast.

Do you toast the bread?

I like to consume small children for PWO meal.

Me too.

Oh you said consume, I thought you said sodomize...

251file005.jpg

I just cook a fat as fuck steak. Pretty simple recipe...... for success.

I've gained 12kg since march in this fashion.

This thread is making me hungry. Heres what I cook in these situations;

1-2 tins of baked beans
1-4 eggs
2 cooked sausages
4 slices of bread
4 slices of cheese

Cook the eggs into the baked beans, stirring it until its has the color and consistency of something that would come from the mouth of a sick dog. Cut the sausages into tiny pieces and throw it in there. Add some chilli, pepper, garlic, curry and whatever else you want in there. Once its hot enough to be spitting at you, pour it onto 4 slices of bread and 4 slices of cheese. Sound tasty? It does to me.

Back