Simple protein heavy recipes

In short, yes. Beef/Steak is very high in fat and cholesterol. Try getting some of your protein from non-animal products sources. Peanut butter, beans, rolled oats, chick peas, spinach, whole wheat bread, lentils, almonds, walnuts.... all of these are good sources of protein with zero cholesterol. Give it a try, you'll be healthier for it.

It might be better if you stop giving nutritional advice.

Casein, the protein from eggs absorbs rapidly so its best immediately post-workout.

No man. Casein is the slow one, whey is fast. Casein makes a jelly in the gut which then slowly dissolves.

I take some chopped up chicken, throw it in a skillet, then toss in some broccoli, onions, bell peppers, and right when it's about done cooking pour a little sesame ginger sauce over it.

Most of my meals are built around: quick, easy, cheap, protein heavy, and making in bulk so I only have to cook every few days and have meals I can take with me.

In short, yes. Beef/Steak is very high in fat and cholesterol. Try getting some of your protein from non-animal products sources. Peanut butter, beans, rolled oats, chick peas, spinach, whole wheat bread, lentils, almonds, walnuts.... all of these are good sources of protein with zero cholesterol. Give it a try, you'll be healthier for it.

Wow, you will have some people arguing against this line of reasoning. Maybe you should do some more research? I am not sure if dietary cholesterol is really that bad for you.

Experience from tube steak consumption?

I like cholesterol. My friends laugh because when I go to restaurants I ask "what is the largest order with the most saturated fat and cholesterol that isn't too expensive?".

Wow, you will have some people arguing against this line of reasoning. Maybe you should do some more research? I am not sure if dietary cholesterol is really that bad for you.

So that is why there are all those vegetarians out there with high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and heart disease?

Again, I am not advocating a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle, but I don't think many professional nutritionists would recommend eating steak for every meal of the day. As for the need for beef and/or animal products to gain muscle and strength, I again point to Jake Shields, who had no problem putting on lean muscle and making the move from 170 to 185 while eating a vegan diet.

It might be better if you stop giving nutritional advice.

Please explain what is wrong, in your opinion, about my nutritional advice.

I said nothing bad about steak, only that it should be eaten in moderation. Steak is full of saturated fat. I do not know if you are aware of this, but saturated fat is not good for you. In fact, it is very bad for you. The body produces a ton of saturated fat; it doesn't need any from external sources. Here is a quote, "As a general rule, it's a good idea to keep your intake of saturated fats as low as possible. Saturated fats are part of many foods, including vegetable oils that are mainly unsaturated fats, so we can't eliminate them from our diets. Seven percent of total calories or lower is a good target. Red meat and dairy fats are the main sources of saturated fat in our diets, so keeping these low is the primary way to reduce intake of saturated fat."
I simple advocated getting fat and protein from sources other than meat; sources high in protein like beans and nuts,and sources rich in unsaturated fats such as almonds, avacados, and fish.

While I am aware that the amount of dietary cholesterol does not have a huge impact on blood cholesterol for the majority of the population, there is a still a large segment of the population for which cholesterol consumption does affect blood cholesterol. Here is a quote, "For most people, the amount of cholesterol eaten has only a modest impact on the amount of cholesterol circulating in the blood. (17) For some people, though, blood cholesterol levels rise and fall very strongly in relation to the amount of cholesterol eaten. For these "responders," avoiding cholesterol-rich foods can have a substantial effect on blood cholesterol levels. Unfortunately, at this point there is no way other than by trial and error to identify responders from non-responders to dietary cholesterol."

Both quotes are from Fats and Cholesterol: Out with the Bad, In with the Good - What Should You Eat? - The Nutrition Source - Harvard School of Public Health
I hope Harvard is a credible enough institution of higher learning for your taste.

I'm sure you are a wealth of knowledge (or at least think that you are) when it comes to nutrition, but there is always more out there to learn; other viewpoints, other opinions, etc. I welcome hearing your opinions.

Back