Silva's striking, St. Pierre's takedowns or Aoki

mmaday4day

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If you could choose... would you rather have Anderson Silva's striking, Georges St. Pierre's takedowns or Shinya Aoki

Aoki's prowess on the ground

Who would want good wrestling when you have two other finisher options??

you can really only have anderson's striking and gsp's takedowns if you have their body type.

If you don't have the height and reach of Anderson, then you can't do it.

Even with Gsp. Gsp gets his takedowns with his striking. He'll "poke" at you on the outside with his long jab, superman punch, kicks. Then once the opponent overcommits Gsp changes levels for the takedown. If Gsp had a short reach, then his takedowns won't work.

I'll take Silva's TDD, GSP's superman punches and Aoki's TDs. If done correctly, no can defense!

And Britney Palmer. The whole girl ;)

Silva striking, I am comfortable at grappling already and his striking would be more useful for a non pro like me.

In a day to day situation being a deadly striker is more useful

you can really only have anderson's striking and gsp's takedowns if you have their body type.

If you don't have the height and reach of Anderson, then you can't do it.

If one doesn't have Anderson's reach he cannot be as effective I guess, but striker that sick would tool people even with 50 inches of reach..... So this doesn't really matter much outside of top level.

In a day to day situation being a deadly striker is more useful

Actually, "daily" I would rather have GSP wrestling, lol.

Reasonably, better not to care about knocking some meatheads down, but on being sure that they won't drag you down.

I wan't Joe Son's nuts.

In a glass case in my house.

Silvas striking. But the thing is that he can do more than strike

If one doesn't have Anderson's reach he cannot be as effective I guess, but striker that sick would tool people even with 50 inches of reach..... So this doesn't really matter much outside of top level.

Agreed

I guess a more accurate thread would ask :

Silva striking (whole stand up)

GSP wrestling (whole grappling minus submission offense)

Aoki grappling (whole ground game, standing submission allowed, TD not included)

Because Aoki submission are useless if the grapplung is not included in the package. Same for GSP, if you only get the takedown then it is worthless, what are you going to do with it? As opposed to a whole striking game like the TS suggest. Which is per se much more useful.

Well from a pure strategic pov with winning as the objective, I would have to say Gsp's takedown is the best.

Practically anybody has a puncher's chance against Anderson albeit a small chance. Especially since Anderson has a chin.

There's almost no risk to losing if you're able to secure the takedown. You just have such a huge advantage over the guy on the bottom. He can really only get submissions if you're attacking wildly and have no awareness. If you just maintain control, then you basically won the round. Guy on the bottom also can't do too much damage with strikes. He just can't generate enough power, but the guy on top can.

i'd rather have everything about nick diaz, chin, heart, striking, trash talking, great interviews, BJJ, with chuck liddell's takedown defense .

i'd rather have everything about nick diaz, chin, heart, striking, trash talking, great interviews, BJJ, with chuck liddell's takedown defense .

For a second there I thought you were describing Nick Diaz's TDD in that it is as good was Chuck's.

If GSP's takedowns come with his sub defense I'll take those. If not, I'll take Silvas striking.

perfect_mma_fighter.jpg

Silva no contest. I could still beat up guys bigger than me if need be. Less likely with wrestlng, and Jits.

Plus, striking is more bad ass outside the mma community, and to many inside as well.

Back