Silva's desire to fight GSP

Size is not everything but it is a big something.

that said I personally think 'styles make fights' matters a lot as well. Funnily enough I think GSP matches up better versus Anderson then he does many other MW's. not saying I think he wins, but i do think he would have a good chance.

But I doubt very much GSP could be anywhere near as good at MW that he is at WW. He would be too small and even more injury prone imo. If he tried to bulk up the best I think he could do would be a slightly smaller version of Akiyama who was plagued with the comment 'too small for MW' all his MW career. And we do not know a bulkier GSP would be better.

Fair points. Pesonally, I think it is unlikely that GSP would be as dominant at MW, but I would favor him against almost all of them. The only two that I can really see him struggling with are Silva and possibly Weidman. GSP is just a superior athlete, much like Silva and Jones. Also, I agree that bulking up isn't something for GSP to consider regardless of a potential move to MW. His size is perfect for his frame. He would just be dealing with a minimal cut. In addition to his athleticism, GSP is incredibly strong, and I just cannot envision him being physically overwhelmed by anyone at 185.

I guess as a fan of GSP, I don't buy into his insistence that he would have to "properly gain weight" to fight Silva.

We can definitely agree that it is a fight we hope to see soon.

Silva wants an easy fight for the highest pay. Any one of us would do the same thing. But as a Gsp fan I don't want to see this fight at any weight other than 170.

They will not learn from Pacquiao vs Mayweather - the superfight that never happened.

To Be fair to Georges, they ought to let him fight 3 MW's first to see how he does at that size.

We all know how Andy does at LHW, against some of the biggest LHW's out there.

Just fine....

Back