Silva vs izzy talk

cburm

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Can we please stop thr competition talk
They both faught the top ranked guys in there divisions and in the ufc ..

If you want to discredit competition with youre opinion then blame dana dont blame the fighters.

Silva has 10 title defences (9 by finish)

Adesanya has 3 title defences hes not even close to being the new goat mw.. Or beating silvas win streak (16) seeing as hes already lost

Glad i can clear this up with facts..

To be the goat in youre division is determined by title defences alone.

Who says Izzy is the MW goat lol? You're just trying to stir up the pot TS

I see threads on it and that izzys about to pass him up

A lot of people overreacted after the Paulo domination and called him the goat.

tenor.gif

I hope they show themselves in here then

As of right now he could potentially be the the MW goat, that being said he still has a long road to go.

Beating Silva's record of 10 title defenses is going to be very difficult. Only DJ was able to get pass 10 and he holds the record for the most title defenses in UFC history(11).

Nah, level of competition. You can't be the GOAT striker if your legacy is built off the backs of guys like Cote, Leites, Connen, Bonnar, and Griffin. Anderson's skills are so overblown that his close fight with Connen convinced everyone that Chael is a good fighter.

Anderson gets handled by Romero, Vetorri, and Whittaker. Shit we already saw him rob Brunson. Anderson was an amazing athlete and I'm a fan of him, I just think his skills on here are overrated by people who don't understand striking.

Anderson's athleticism has failed him (father time and what not), which is exactly the phase in a fighters career when skills shine through (think Bernard Hopkins). Now that Anderson is older we can see the flaws in his tactics more easily, like closing distance against Uriah Hall with wide sloppy hooks. Looked like desperation moves to me.

I see threads on it and that izzys about to pass him up
Izzy hasn't fought a really good wrestler like prime Chael or Weidman. No, Brunson doesn't count, and Yoel almost never wrestles. Yoel is basically Hendo 2.0. Speaking of that, Anderson destroyed prime Hendo (a very good fighter) in 2 rounds. Izzy barely beat Yoel.

A Silva, best MW ever, nor even close Isn't it weird how people love Spider despite his use of PED, yet people dispise Jones for the same reason.

Can we please stop thr competition talk
They both faught the top ranked guys in there divisions and in the ufc ..

If you want to discredit competition with youre opinion then blame dana dont blame the fighters.

Silva has 10 title defences (9 by finish)

Adesanya has 3 title defences hes not even close to being the new goat mw.. Or beating silvas win streak (16) seeing as hes already lost

Glad i can clear this up with facts..

To be the goat in youre division is determined by title defences alone.
You don’t make the criteria....quality of opposition is what’s most important regardless If a belt is at stake

Nah, level of competition. You can't be the GOAT striker if your legacy is built off the backs of guys like Cote, Leites, Connen, Bonnar, and Griffin. Anderson's skills are so overblown that his close fight with Connen convinced everyone that Chael is a good fighter.
Incredibly biased post by someone with a comfortable room temperature IQ. Forrest had recent beaten Shogun and Rampage and was the #4 LHW at the time. Prime Hendo was as good as Yoel and Anderson destroyed him while Izzy just stood around vs. Romero. Belfort had just destroyed Rich Franklin (another very good fighter Anderson destroyed twice) and was as dangerous as anyone Izzy has fought. Guys like Vettori, Costa and Gastelum are way overrated on here. Besides, Israel fought a post-leg destruction, 43-year old Anderson and didn't even beat him very decisively.

It's pretty obvious that Anderson was better than Izzy. Without going into career accomplishments, the Kelvin and Jan fights tell me all I need to know. Izzy had a life-and-death striking battle against Kelvin; I imagine every rational person agrees that prime Anderson would have demolished a short, stocky wrestler like Kelvin. And a big, slow striker like Jan is the exact kind of fighter Anderson would go full Matrix against.

Izzy is a great fighter. And he's almost certainly a more technical striker than Anderson. But Anderson had kill shot power and striking diversity that made him a slightly better overall striker than Izzy. And Anderson's ground game was clearly better, as well.

Back