Silva v Diaz - Is this a bad match up?

Summing it up, you are biased and looking for subjective factors that are impossible to predict. Even if those were to happen, the gap between skill, reflexes and power is too big.

Anderson could be 50 and fight Nick after a barbecue, he would still beat him easily.

Biased toward what?I can't stand Nick Diaz,I hope Silva crushes him.Why does everyone on this site think someone is just making a case because they like the other guy more?It's like discussing mma with a bunch of little kids.Impossible to predict?Yeah it's not about predicting everything perfect,that's impossible it's about using what's available to make an educated guess and the things I brought up are very concerning and important.I didn't say any of those things are going to happen I was saying those are things to consider when you say it's impossible for Nick to win.How stupid can people possibly be on this site?You're right it's impossible,i'm sure you are right about every single fight too lol.One of the great things about mma is it's quite unpredictable especially compared to say boxing where you rarely see upsets.Your statements are completely ignorant,but I guess as you become a fan for a while you'll realize that upsets happen quite a bit.You should go play fantasy league at mmajunkie and show everyone how perfect you pick.

Edit: I gave you an honest response, but you did not deserve it for being a lunatic troll. The flash KO part was hilarious. You should tell the world that Knockdowns are also Flash KO`s, I for one did not know that.

cause you have never boxed before and don't understand it.You can be out for a tenth of a second and recover but you're still out.These are important especially when guys start to get older or their chins become suspect.I know you don't understand these things and i'm sorry you don't know anything but it really is a flash ko.Not every knockdown is a flash ko but some are.Jesus you're stupid.

Biased toward what?I can't stand Nick Diaz,I hope Silva crushes him.Why does everyone on this site think someone is just making a case because they like the other guy more?It's like discussing mma with a bunch of little kids.Impossible to predict?Yeah it's not about predicting everything perfect,that's impossible it's about using what's available to make an educated guess and the things I brought up are very concerning and important.I didn't say any of those things are going to happen I was saying those are things to consider when you say it's impossible for Nick to win.How stupid can people possibly be on this site?You're right it's impossible,i'm sure you are right about every single fight too lol.One of the great things about mma is it's quite unpredictable especially compared to say boxing where you rarely see upsets.Your statements are completely ignorant,but I guess as you become a fan for a while you'll realize that upsets happen quite a bit.You should go play fantasy league at mmajunkie and show everyone how perfect you pick.

cause you have never boxed before and don't understand it.You can be out for a tenth of a second and recover but you're still out.These are important especially when guys start to get older or their chins become suspect.I know you don't understand these things and i'm sorry you don't know anything but it really is a flash ko.Not every knockdown is a flash ko but some are.Jesus you're stupid.

I wish you could understand writing as much as you claim to understand boxing.

I ain`t reading these ugly texts walls again. Have a good one.

Is this a bad match up, especially since Nick Diaz is a welterweight and Silva is someone who has fought at light heavyweight.

Technically there's only an inch height difference and an 1.5 inch reach difference but doesn't Silva weigh a lot more than Diaz?

And why the hell were they matched up in the first place? It seems somewhat random, should Silva be fighting a competitor who's always been fighting in the middleweight division?

You really don't get this? The UFC wants Anderson to look good. They want him to kill somebody. Nick told the UFC to fuck off for almost two years unless they gave him a crazy fight. Nick wouldn't come back if it wasn't for a guy like Anderson. Nick isn't back like people think he is. He just wants to fight Anderson.

The UFC is desperate and only knows how to cash in on big names, and they want Silva in another title fight. They know he'll smash Diaz in minutes and all of you sherdoggers will go nuts and think "SILVA IS BACK". You guys will buy the hype and the UFC will try to make a terrible title fight with Weidman and Silva again. The UFC knows that Nick Diaz is tailor made to get killed by Silva. It is a match up nightmare for Nick.

It's a no win outcome for Silva

When he beats Diaz, who cares?? he is expected to crush him

In your opinion maybe, most people would see it as a big win because Diaz has had such a big name for a long time. Also the UFC will hype it as huge, only some real hardcores will look at it as mismatched after the fact

It's a no win outcome for Silva

When he beats Diaz, who cares?? he is expected to crush him

Anderson is going to be making a few million dollars for an easy day at work.

How's that a no-win for him?

What's he gonna do? work his way up the ranks to make Anderson Silva money?

Oh wait, he IS Anderson Fucking Silva.

I think sometimes people forget that this is a profession, and not the olympics.

It's an interesting fight, Nick isn't that easy to KO and I don't think Silva is going to make him tap. If Silva can lead and/or gain some of his reaction time back then it's a no brainer. But I can just as easily see Diaz getting him against the cage and working his body.

We'll see should be an easy win but shit man IDK. I thought DC was going to toss Jon around like a little boy so what do I know.

All I know is historically smaller fighters prevail in striking battles

Is this a bad match up, especially since Nick Diaz is a welterweight and Silva is someone who has fought at light heavyweight.

Technically there's only an inch height difference and an 1.5 inch reach difference but doesn't Silva weigh a lot more than Diaz?

And why the hell were they matched up in the first place? It seems somewhat random, should Silva be fighting a competitor who's always been fighting in the middleweight division?

why the hell they matched up Diaz said it himself "well you know George didn't take the fight so Nick did" where you at George!

Diaz has fought at MW. Anderson has fought at WW. The weight gap shouldn't be much.

Freak match. Serves no purpose other than maybe making few hundred dollars more than Silva vs any other guy.

Back