Silva on rematch "is normal fight,i don

Anderson has nothing to proove to anyone anymore , he's the goat .
So of course there's no pressure on him .. also he can't do much worse than last time lol.

So of course there's no pressure on him .. also he can't do much worse than last time lol.

First round sub after the first take down or first round KO/TKO would be worse.

Weidman has got this. But Andy is no doubt the greatest fighter of all time, another loss to Weidman wouldn't change that.

How is it so much pressure on Anderson the guy is almost 40 and at the tail end of his career. Granted there is some pressure but in terms of what he's had to deal with already not so much.

He's right, most of the pressure is on Weidman it's his first title defense and he still has to beat Anderson again.

Man idk why but the "Weidman is champion,im normal guy now" bit made me smile for some reason.lol

Oh silly Silva,you dont fool us :D

the most humble i've ever heard Hughes was after BJ I. he said (and i paraphrase) "shrug, it's hard being the one everyone is going after. i've had a target on my back for years, and eventually everyone loses. i look forward to fighting and having someone else wearing the target on the back."

i'm sure Silva feels the same way. who wouldn't?

i'm sure everyone is going to dissect his verbage - his specific wording - instead of appreciate or attempt to grok his intent. but shrug, it's sherdog.

He has a point. If Weidman gets KO'd, people will be comparing him to Serra and calling his KO win a fluke.

All the pressure is on Weidman.

Anderson's legacy and financial lifestyle is set. A loss against Anderson here means Weidman was just some title holder who caught a guy clownig.

Silva is already Mw GOAT and arguably MMA GOAT. Weidman has all the pressure on him to Prove he can beat Silva again. Both gave pressure but CW has more

There's no pressure because he knows, even if he KO's Weidman in spectacular fashion, he can never erase being KO'd by a 9-0 wrestler due to pretending to be hurt and not taking his opponent seriously.

Anderson is the GOAT at MW, and probably GOAT in terms of UFC fighters but his attitude and disrespect for the skills of another fighter (not just Weidman) will forever put him behind Fedor.

agree... Weidman is the champion and now this pressure on him, let's see how it will behave in rematch

All the pressure is on Anderson. Like Fedor, when he lost he became mortal again. Anderson will lose again, maybe even frequently depending on who he fights.

completely disagree. If Anderson wants to regain his credibility as potentially the GOAT, he has to win decisively - he has a defeatist mentality right now.

Idk about Anderson, but as a fan if he loses again I can always just use the "he just got too old" excuse :cool:

The pressure is on Weidman to prove the first fight wasn't just Silva clowning around and not taking him seriously. There is still pressure on Silva to prove he isn't just plain outmatched.

Both are under just as much pressure. If anderson is as competitive as I believe he is, he will not accept losing a 2nd time. I doubt very much he wants that mark on his record, and would like to show the rest of the fighting community that he just got caught by a lesser fighter and is now back in the saddle.

Weidman, despite beating silva, still does not have the respect that should come with such a victory. He is faced with the pressure of proving his first win wasn't a fluke.

He may get submitted or ground and pounded.

lol, no

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back