Silva on rematch "is normal fight,i don

All the pressure is on Weidman.

Anderson's legacy and financial lifestyle is set. A loss against Anderson here means Weidman was just some title holder who caught a guy clownig.

This ...

Weidman HAS to win to make his first win against Anderson appear legit in many people's eyes.

If Weidman gets matrix'd and KO'd in the rematch ... everyone will say the first fight was a fluke and nothing more.

Lol at people saying the pressure is on Silva - he already stated he feels no pressure. Why would you question that?

The power of the mind and positive thinking, my friends, is criminally underrated. Just ask Weidman!

pressure is on weid soley because even up until the fight people will not believe he really beat AS. It'll be like ok you did it once... now do it again. Then... this time I believe you can really defeat AS. so to an extent AS is right.

The pressure is more on Chris to win this one.....it can go both ways. Most of the people that saw the fight that doubt Weidman think he won cause Anderson dropped his hands and allowed to get hit. So Chris can have extra motivation to prove a point.....or it could add pressure and he could try to do something that wont be smart and goes wrong.

I got Anderson in the rematch. Seeing how the first fight went and all the talk of Weidmans ground game that lasted for a 2 1/2 mins and then he couldnt come close to getting Anderson down. I think Anderson wont screw around and go after him to prove a point.

Weidman is too cool and calm to play into Silvas fight antics...

Weidman will retain title with no issues...Just like when he took the title...

Are you serious? The pressure is definitely on Silva. With recently losing to Wiedman, I think all of us have to question if any of Silva

The pressure is seriously on Weidman.

What does Anderson have to lose? Another loss? He didn't have the belt to begin with and is already GOAT + financially set. If he wins? Another taste of what he had for like 10 years already, I'm sure he's tired of it.

2 different pressures.

Both guys might feel none of it, or all of it depending on their personalities.

I suspect neither of them feel much of this pressure or probably even like it; Weidman might a hair, but I'm sure he feels less pressure because it's Silva rather than a title defense against someone he doesn't know and hasn't fought.

Ambition is usually the cure for pressure.

What does Anderson have to lose? Another loss? He didn't have the belt to begin with and is already GOAT + financially set. If he wins? Another taste of what he had for like 10 years already, I'm sure he's tired of it.

Silva has to prove that the first fight loss was because he was clowning, not that he got beat by the superior fighter.

Silva comes out "serious/focused" and get's KO'd again the only shining light is that he'll never have to cut weight again because no one will pay him to fight.

Silvas entire legacy ruined by him getting humiliated by a half nearly 15 years or so younger than him. Fedor could easily beat wiedman and now i wonder if anderson has the skill ppl say

Anderson's legacy and financial lifestyle is set. A loss against Anderson here means Weidman was just some title holder who caught a guy clownig.

they both have a ton of pressure on them. Don't fool yourself.

Weidman is at the beginning of his career, Anderson is nearing the end of his. Different pressures for different reasons.

Remember the UFC really only broke open the Brazilian market in the last 2 years and Anderson only really started to make the big marketing money with '9ine' and Renaldo, in the last 2 years.

Anderson has only really become a face in Brazil, outside hardcore MMA fans in that time frame and I think that is why he would like to fight and reign a little longer.

And no, if Weidman loses to Anderson in the rematch it is not that negative or dismissive of Weidman like you suggest, unless you really believe Anderson is not that good anymore and should have no chance. Anderson could beat Weidman, and many could merely think Anderson is still dangerous and the top guy and Weidman is a dangerous #2, whose time will come again.

Nah. If Anderson loses again then it all makes sense as to why Anderson and his team were never interested in fighting Weidman, a guy who Anderson has more title defences then he has fights. He'd likely retire.

I know you're trying to convince yourself so if Anderson does lose again it won't be bad but still, there's plenty of pressure for Anderson.

Nah. If Anderson loses again then it all makes sense as to why Anderson and his team were never interested in fighting Weidman, a guy who Anderson has more title defences then he has fights. He'd likely retire.

This is a good point.

How much of Silva's "legacy" was cherry picking fights or delaying fights as long as he could to have the edge.

Anderson has nothing to proove to anyone anymore , he's the goat .
So of course there's no pressure on him .. also he can't do much worse than last time lol.

Fedor is GOAT. Anderson has too many crappy losses and never challenged himself at his real weight class.

Back