Signed heavyweight Cody East a terrible criminal

In boxing it wouldn't be an issue. The UFC has the trouble that they stand as a brand behind their fighters while in boxing guys like Adonis Stevenson are headlining PPVs. I personally wanna see the best fighters in the UFC and let the law go about things like that but the UFC has that code of conduct BS on the other hand it's impossible that they weren't aware of his background when they signed him.

Assuming that he didn't lie about his past can they even cut him since he didn't violate their code of conduct while he was signed with them?

No idea about how their conctracts work

Being17 and charged with sex charges can be kinda bs...for all we know he had sex with a girl a year younger consenually, the parents found out and pressed charges. Its seriously fucked up a life of a kid i knew in high school...he will forever have to say hes a sex offender.

Again??

Didnt the UFC go through something similar with some other guy a while back??
And they even put out a statement about how they were going to improve background checks and stuff if im not mistaken.

they don't do research on those guy before they sign them? -_-'

they cut miguel torres for a rape joke on tweeter. smh

I personally wanna see the best fighters in the UFC and let the law go about things like that..

Yea... I get the concept of if someone served their time they should get to move on with their life and make a living. But the possibility that this guy turns out good at the sport and headlines a card leaves me feeling disgusted. As someone commented before "root against him" bothers me too because ilI don't want this guy to benefit off REAL LiFE heat (attention) for something terrible.

WHAT? Walt Harris is still on the UFC??

Cmon!!!

Anyway... East will never step at the Octagon... If they dismissed Will Chope by his past and Thiago Silva basically because of a video, i think hardly to see him get away with his past...

Being17 and charged with sex charges can be kinda bs...for all we know he had sex with a girl a year younger consenually, the parents found out and pressed charges. Its seriously fucked up a life of a kid i knew in high school...he will forever have to say hes a sex offender.

April 2007 - Details on East's alleged rape
Prosecutor Aaron Jordon told jurors in opening Monday that East raped the girl after using a dresser to barricade the door to his bedroom and there was nothing consensual about the sex, News 13 reported.

"She didn't consent to any of this," Jordon said. "She told the defendant no over and over and over again," Channel 13 reported.

But the 4-foot-11 girl was no match for the 6-foot-4 athlete, who weighed 230 pounds, Jordon told jurors.

But according to East's defense attorney Jane Rocha de Gandara, the sex was consensual, and that the churchgoing girl made up the rape story in order not to disappoint her family, Rocha de Gandara told the jury, News 13 reported.

Police say the girl claimed East raped her several times over several hours that night and prevented her from leaving, according to News 13.

He then allegedly hip-tossed some of the 14- to 15-year-old girls, breaking some of their noses and possibly the arm of one of the girls, and allegedly kicked his mother and attacked his father, KRQE said.

"We understand he kicked his father twice and stomped him in the head," Valencia County sheriff's Detective Aaron Jones told News 13. "While his dad was down begging for mercy, he evidently stomped him."

WHAT THE FUCK :|

Its funny how society stereotype MMA fighters as lunatics, criminals, rapists & violent domestic abusers. Oh hang on, quite a few of them are just that!

so

this is the fight game, i truthfully don't really care what happens outside the ring. what happens outside the ring is a matter for the police.

Back