Signed heavyweight Cody East a terrible criminal

Guy sounds like a prize pig for sure. But IMO if he paid his debt to society let him fight.

I'd rather have him in a cage where he belongs than out roaming the streets because nobody else wants to hire a felon.

It was a decade ago. By your logic he should still be in prison for assault when he was drunk and 18. Or should he be in prison because he was ACCUSED of rape?
One of many crimes... In my opinion he should be trying to live a normal 8-4 life and not be placed in a position of potential fame that glorifies his violent tendencies.

Him fighting on some prelims I can live with, but I'm greatly disturbed by the thought of him going on a 4 fight win streak and treated like some badass star.

Thats just my view on it though; you are welcome to forgive and forget more than I will.

Last edited:
Anyone who was even remotely familiar with the East brothers already knew this. If the UFC didnt already know this when they signed him then they are completely incompetent

No way they did any type of background check on this guy. He'll probably be released by the end of the day.

Last edited:
One of many crimes... In my opinion he should be trying to live a normal 8-4 life and not be placed in a position of potential fame that glorifies his violent tendencies.

Him fighting on some prelims I can live with, but I'm greatly disturbed by the thought of him going on a 4 fight win streak and treated like some badass star.

Thats just my view on it though; you are welcome to forgive and forget more than I will.

Exactly. Not saying he can’t live his life, assuming he’s paid his debt (I have no idea), but this is just a bad idea.

And though a lot of people do stupid shit when they’re young and grow up to be responsible adults (me), this guy doesn’t strike as that type.

Holy shit, child abuse!!!
Don't mess with kids, our little fellas are sacred, how the hell this guys got signed???
I hope he gets killed anytime anywhere.

Welcome to 2016 logic:

1) That guy committed murder? Or he's a convicted terrorist who plotted to bomb a school? Well, everyone deserves a second chance!
vs.
2)That guy raped a woman? OMFG PATERNALISTIC SOCIETY EVIL MEN WAGE GAP UFC SHOULDN'T SIGN HIM

Don't get me wrong, this guy sounds like a sick MF and as far as I'm concerned shouldn't fight in the UFC. But I'm just saying I'm not the guy who watches a TV show about a "reformed" criminal who once killed an entire family execution style and cries that the guy is on death row or has to spend his life in prison.

Guy sounds like a prize pig for sure. But IMO if he paid his debt to society let him fight.

I'd rather have him in a cage where he belongs than out roaming the streets because nobody else wants to hire a felon.
A debt for child abuse has no price, it should be death sentence.

just let him fight... hes a 10-1 prospect. Im sure many of us have done just as bad as him in our past.
I'm pretty sure the majority here on sherdog never raped or abused children, that some serious moral crimes.

but, but, East has been training for triathlons so he's ready to go. :D

just let him fight... hes a 10-1 prospect. Im sure many of us have done just as bad as him in our past.
You've gotten engaged and beaten on a group of females before? Around here that doesn't get the cops called it gets your ass beat

they cut miguel torres for a rape joke on tweeter. smh

i think they cut miguel torres cuz he went from bad ass to can and it was an easy excuse. might have triggered some kind of morality clause too so they wouldnt have to pay.

seems like this guy has a fetish for underage girls

if i read that article right it seems he had multiple altercations with underage girls not just one so its kinda far fetched to think he was framed

Just feed him to someone scary. That seconding coming of Kongo guy. He should get to KO this dude.

Back