Shoulder replacement surgery

Update:

Good news:
Range of motion is much improved and pain drastically reduced. Surgery was a success in that aspect. Arm is still incredibly weak but little by little building it up. Doc tells me it'll be a year until I can lift more than ten pounds with right arm and then will have same surgery on my left.

Bad news:
Sold my school and retiring from Bjj. When I was recovering and couldn't teach I lost a lot of students. Some infighting between my brown belts made it a toxic environment. So I had to come back to the mat too soon. Was able to get attendance back up but the extra workload on my left arm sped up the damage in my left arm making teaching an impossible task. Michelle Watterson is an old friend and she bought me out.

Really hard to let go of the dream I have worked 15 years for but I think part of life is knowing when to let go.

As for now this clip is basically how I feel

Damn, it sucks that you couldn’t make it work but I’m glad your shoulder is improving and you were able to sell your school. What are planning on doing now in terms of work and also for fun?

Last few months I got a real estate license so I'll try selling some houses. For fun is something I'm still trying to work out. Been doing a lot of hiking but definitely doesn't scratch the itch that rolling did

First Roll 8 months post surgery, been training in a garage about twice a month with a few old students.

Awesome, man, good to see you back at it. I'm 5 months post-shoulder surgery and may try to come back after 6, but 8 may be more likely. I didn't realize how frustrating shoulder surgery can be.

Awesome, man, good to see you back at it. I'm 5 months post-shoulder surgery and may try to come back after 6, but 8 may be more likely. I didn't realize how frustrating shoulder surgery can be.
Thanks Feels good to get that energy out nothing else has satisfied that itch yet. I hope your recovery goes well, my suggestion is don’t rush it.

Back