• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Should they ban assault weapons in the US?

Should they ban assault weapons in the US?

• Total voters
"well regulated" dummy. It's in the first 3 words of the amendment.

Why are you sooooooo scared homie? So just answer the questions!

Are you saying restricting a person with documented mental illness from carrying a flame thrower on a public playground is violating the 2nd? If i give my 8 year old child permission to carry a grenade launcher to said public place is that protected by the 2nd?

I can answer these. No, restricting a child or mentally ill person from carrying any type of firearm you could imagine on a public playground doesn't violate the 2nd, because the amendment spells out "well regulated" straight out of the gate.

You can't answer these because your interpretation would allow these scenarios to play out and you know how dumb that sounds for you to admit so you keep...

pBZT76rQyhPqwjms9WbaT1N8xqH_U5VTfw9G5grzf1Xk9CepV1fTtIuGi4f92H-_0aFN4pIB1XsrQDZumtQJ6DjAqmba4nm7MBhoiL-3UjhOknO8bdo49vxPQMfQqD2BLYQ5blvsQVVsRvATMYtabF4kRVAv-n7K9pg

4a6ae1caa1177bc98752631e8fdae648c3b73391b26d7a73dcdc58b3576ccb00.jpg

Like arguing with a toddler you are. Bye.

So your argument is the first three words of the amendment don't exist because of the last part of the sentence? I've made an argument on how those two sections work together. You have completely ignored "well regulated" and not addressed how it applies.

Just to be clear you think restricting a person with documented mental illness from carrying a flame thrower on a public playground is violating the 2nd? Can a child carry any firearm in existence in public places?

"Regulated" is a reference to preparedness. The term wasn't used in the same way then as it is now.

You're correct that rights are not absolute, and restricting rights to some to protect the public good is constitutional. However, it's nonsensical to restrict a constitutional right to the majority of Americans, WTF is the point of the "right" then? Why was it written down?

Notice how all these anti-gun stats always start at 1999, why not 1994? What about population growth? Why isn't that factored into these charts--more than half the rise in any of this data is simply population growth.

Also, why don't gun suicides and gun homicides correlate more closely? If access to guns caused both of these problems, they should be in lockstep.

1968-2017-Gun-Homicides-Victims-and-Gun-Suicides-Victims.png

Notice how all these anti-gun stats always start at 1999, why not 1994? What about population growth? Why isn't that factored into these charts--more than half the rise in any of this data is simply population growth.

Also, why don't gun suicides and gun homicides correlate more closely? If access to guns caused both of these problems, they should be in lockstep.

1968-2017-Gun-Homicides-Victims-and-Gun-Suicides-Victims.png

Because they know most people haven't read this book.

OIP.nOWEHqV2EK9kzwpELydDEAHaLH

If Democrats would drop the gun foolishness they'd never lose elections.

It's just red meat for the base. America doesn't have a gun problem, it has a mental health and culture problem.

I been saying this for a while now and can't seem to get a lot of liberals to grasp this.

Ruger AR-556

8570.jpg

If that's what you consider a pistol then sure, whatever makes you happy.
You should contact the ATF if you’re upset.

Anyone wanna change their vote? Or people who haven't voted yet?

Back