Should Rogan call it a day?

I always defend Joe because I think the UFC wouldnt feel complete without his OHHHH
That being said, it has definitely became apparent that he gets stuck on one thought and repeats
“He tagged him”
“His jaws broke”
Not all hard shots rock fighters and if colbys jaw is broke we dont need it to be all we hear
Joe preaches about his stand up and the time you need to put in to stay sharp aka “reps”
Hes doing less reps and hes lost a step and is now too used to talking about fights with friends instead of presenting fights to fans

I thought DC was way more obnoxious last night than Rogan. DC kept talking about what was going to happen, instead of talking about what was happening, and he turned out to be wrong more often than not. Plus his biases were blatant.

It's almost like they agree to take a side and talk up that fighter.

3 guys might be too much.

Haha yeah I think Rogan and DC are both generally great but last night, Anik was the best of the three...

when a fighter plays the Jitz card Rogan performs Phallic slobbering like no other... “that’s in deep”... “She’s in real trouble”. On the feet it’s equally as bad... “he’s rocked”, “he’s hurt” they should just pair him with Cruz indefinitely to call him on his mockery of commentating. Maybe at least until he quits his shilling and cheerleading, it honestly takes objective viewing away from the fight for less knowledgeable fans.

It's the WHHHHHHOOOOOOAAAAAAA, OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHs that do it for me when nothing's happened.
Sticking him with Cruz for every event could be a solution I could accept.

I like Sean O'Connell's work in PFL
But I think he is a PbP guy.

.Both Rogan and DC obviously have a ton of knowledge about the sport which why isn't so frustrating when they say stupid things. The best I heard last night was Volkanovski is 140 lbs but has the lungs of a person 240 lbs. Lol. That comment should be embarrassing for the UFC

The constant claim that a fighter is hurt or "rocked" even when it's obvious that it was a glancing blow and did no damage has been annoying for years. It used to be only Rogan said that but DC was making that claim a lot last night. "He hurt him! He hurt him!" No, DC he isn't hurt....

I don't normally pick up on any favoritism that bugs me much. What I do hate is that he calls fight now really quick. Like a guy gets hurt, and then before anything else can happen he starts saying "Oh he's done, it's over" but he doesn't even do it excitedly half the time. Almost in a know-it-all way. I get it to a degree, after being really experienced in combat sports and watching them for a living for so long he might get a feeling for things, but you gotta let things play out before trying to wave a fight off from the booth,

I don't know if Rogan actually brings in casuals, but he is a household name and very knowledgable. He may not be on Alpha Brain any more so he may indeed be slipping.

People like the below guys to replace Rogan:
  • Mauro Ranallo
  • Bas Rutten
  • Daniel Cormier
  • Dominic Cruz
  • Felder
  • Jimmy Smith
I like and would recommend UFC to try out the following.
  • The Rock
  • Jay Glazer
  • Matt Serra
  • Jim Norton *
  • Meisha Tate
They'll never get The Rock, but UFC will need a name to replace Rogan. I don't think Rogan is leaving any time soon, no matter how much complaining this forum does, so it's all speculation and good fun. That is all. Have a good day.

* He would do awesome.

I really like him and I don't think there has ever been a better MMA commentator but lately it seems as if he was there just to hang out with some friends and see fights from the best seats. He doesn't put any effort and is way too biased. Dana should really have a talk with him.

Yeah Rogan is a complete helmet. He should be consigned to the fucking bin.

You'll make a "Anyone else miss Rogan?" thread when he's gone

He should at least turn down the hyperbole. If everything is a superlative, nothing is.
Well shit, we've got a Sherdog poster who can use "superlative" properly in a sentence

<30>

Rogan is absolutely terrible and gets nothing right. And then he'll have Schaub on his podcast this week probably and act like he knew everything that was going to happen.

He suck to a new low with the Aldo fight.
Jesus Christ that was terrible.

Back