Opinion Should people who don't pay taxes also get $1000?

Only half serious. Society has kicked mother natures ass for lack of a better term. There are people alive that wouldn't be under natural circumstances. If you or your family cannot provide for themselves they would perish and their genes would die with them. Instead they are rewarded for breeding with handouts and housing. It's going to come to a head one day whether you like it or not.
I can dig it.

I'm in the middle ground here; there are people who otherwise wouldn't make it if they can't suck from society's tit. Lazy people who don't want to work.

But, we all know there are great people who have hit a terrible run of luck, who've contributed to society- both from their income and in children who'll grow into productive members of society.

My heart bleeds, but my wallet says nah, dawg

This is literally one of my willfully unemployed relative's plans if they receive $1000.00, a new Doom Eternal rig. I will be building it for them. No judgment here I just think it is kind of funny that this is what they are going to do with the money.

-----------------------------------
CPU / RAM / Motherboard = 300
GPU = 300
Monitor = 200
SSD = 60
PSU = 75
Doom Eternal = 60
---------------------------------

Axy8xnz.jpg

If you’re already on welfare, you’re good. I’m ok with helping any other legal citizens.

I'm on the fence here.

If the loney is for "economic stimulus" then sure, every household should be included since poor people spend money. Infact middle class and upper middle class people are more likely to teep it in the bank where as poor people are more likely to go spend it.

Now if the intention of the money is to help people get through this lock down, then unemployed people who already get full boat financial assistance should probably be excluded. They will continue getting their regular assistance where as people who are incurring lost wages from close businesses need it a lot more.

If the government's intention is somewhere in the middle, then there should I be limits to people on financial aid. But not a total exclusion.

I get the argument that those on EI or welfare aren't really affected from a financial standpoint, because their income is not interrupted. But when I consider that the idea behind this is broader than just getting people some financial aid (goals include keeping people indoors while stimulating the economy through increased demand), it seems to make sense to me to distribute the cash more broadly. Social assistance really doesn't pay that much, so I'm guessing for the majority of people, their homes are rather scarce with good entertainment and perhaps more importantly, small. How much would it suck to be confined to a shit 1 bedroom apartment with a shitty TV and shitty internet (or none at all)? At least they could go out and buy a PS4, some games and low-end but decent TV. That accomplishes all goals, the stimulus improves people's living situations, staying inside becomes more bearable and the money goes right into the economy.

You can tell Trump supporters are extremely uncomfortable with this plan. It's basically the first significant thing Donny will have done that didn't own the libs. There will be no salty tears to savor. It's weighing on 'em.

So I hear everyone's getting 1k. I dunno if it's a one time thing or a monthly thing until this Coronavirus thing gets sorted out.

I also hear only taxpayers get the money and people who don't pay taxes don't get shit.

Should these people also get $1k a month or not?
I certainly hope everyone isn't getting it. I don't need it and I'd hope they'd target this to the people who need it the most. Millionaires don't need a thousand bucks.

Some folks who don't pay taxes, don't pay taxes because they don't make enough money to pay taxes. I'd rather they keep mine and focus on lower income families with dependents and those who are on Govt. forced "time off" from their jobs. Seems pretty obvious and I'm guessing in the end that's what will happen. I guess we'll see.

<Fedor23>

You can tell Trump supporters are extremely uncomfortable with this plan. It's basically the first significant thing Donny will have done that didn't own the libs. There will be no salty tears to savor. It's weighing on 'em.

This desperate troll job is like the equivalent to a drive-by shooting at an empty parking lot.

At least you tried.

Man can you shut up?

I feel guilty these days seeing what Trump's presidency has done to guys like you and Brackis at this point.

The forum is now full of guys like you who are clearly going through actual mental breakdowns.

Shit ain't fun anymore. I'm worried about you and the people around you when you snap.

LOL.

We just invented 2 trillion dollars and put it in the market. I know what you are saying but don't say it.
It’s all made up money at this point and you’re blind if you can’t see that.

Why don't all of you TDS assholes just shut the fuck up for a while? If ever there was a time Americans can come together for a common goal it's now and it's killing you fuckwads. You all make the forum a worse place.

Last edited:
Back