Should people toppling statues leave the country?

So again your counter argument boils down to “people did the same thing centuries ago”.

Come live in the 21st century.
This is so dumb. Do you wake up in the morning say "gosh I want to be a dumb ass today?"

Your strawman should be back on the farm protecting your crops. You are becoming another booger with how obtuse you are.

This is so dumb. Do you wake up in the morning say "gosh I want to be a dumb ass today?"

Your strawman should be back on the farm protecting your crops. You are becoming another booger with how obtuse you are.
I’m sure you also supported the Taliban blowing up the giant Buddha statues in Afghanistan since people have destroyed statues that went against what they believe in before.

If if what they did is against the law and the general consensus of how law should be applied, they should be jailed. It's not necessary that they leave. For me the question is do the Majority of Americans see the value in having said statues kept erect? If the answer is yes then definitely they should be kept erect, if the answer is no, then they should be taken down. This is especially true if the statue upkeep is paid by public tax dollars. The people whose statues were taken down might have been the most wonderful human beings in history, but does it really matter if the people of today don't value keeping their statues up?

I’m okay with people toppling, beheading and burning statues of “genocidal colonialists “. However, it only makes sense if they leave soon after. Continuing to make a living in the US, profiting from its current system while attacking what led to actual state is most hypocritical in nature. You’re basically a profiteer if you keep staying here meanwhile attacking foundations.
Send them where?
Just call up another country and say hey we got some terrific people you should take from us?

Back