Should MMA implement a 10 count if you are saved by the bell?

i feel like you are being ignorant.

this is not about what he did in the later rounds, this is about him being able to stand up using his own power after being saved by the bell.

this is not just about bisping, this is about corner helping fighter off the mat and on to there stools. I don't think a corner should be allowed to help his fighter till he has sat down.

Clearly it was okay, because he was able to come back and win the next round.

The reason they stop fights is because the fighter can no longer defend themselves, and would take unnecessary punishment. Agree or disagree? The next round, Bisping won, so clearly this was not the case?

Wow. A rule changing thread after some "beloved" guy loses and strangely, the rule that would be changed would have given the loser the fight. I am shocked Sherdog.....

Wow. A rule changing thread after some "beloved" guy loses and strangely, the rule that would be changed would have given the loser the fight. I am shocked Sherdog.....

The rule doesn't like a bad idea; this is coming from a Bisping fan too

Lets just have a rule that anderson wins any decision if it goes the distance. And a NC if he "clowns" and gets koed.

I think a 10 count will cause more concussions.
I think that if a fighter is in a submission and time elapses, I think the fight should continue till the submission attempt is thwarted. I.e. not saved by the bell.
For knockdowns, I think the ref should be trained to recognize risks.
No need for 10 count.

they shouldn't be saved by the bell period. If a guy is out at the bell, like bisping was, then the fight should be stopped. Boxers aren't able to be saved by the bell, but MMA fighters are.

Whoever stopped Sherk/Penn did an absolutely tremendous job, Sherk was unable to continue, but the round was over.

Back