Should Mike Perry be punished by the UFC?

Dunno but it isn’t driving drunk, stoned and shooting guns whilst harassing homeless.
That's true, but that's why I did not compare with Jon.

But Conor punched an old men in a pub, also caught on video, and they did nothing...

I heard a lot of opinions.
Some call for him to be cut. Others punished.

But one comment resonated with me.
Conor got fuck nothing for hitting that old men in a pub.

But of course, Mike Perry is not Conor.

So what say you?
Should Mike be punished?
Or
Should the UFC just not act or say a word, much like they did with Conor? (and if so, is this good or bad)?
He will be, but it's not fair because Conor did the same thing if not worse and got no punishment.

He will be, but it's not fair because Conor did the same thing if not worse and got no punishment.
he does have a sizeable following. DO you think UFC will hand it to Bellator ('cause we know he will be snatched immediately)...

I heard a lot of opinions.
Some call for him to be cut. Others punished.

But one comment resonated with me.
Conor got fuck nothing for hitting that old men in a pub.

But of course, Mike Perry is not Conor.

So what say you?
Should Mike be punished?
Or
Should the UFC just not act or say a word, much like they did with Conor? (and if so, is this good or bad)?
I have to agree with the rest, he should have a word said to him to sort his act out. But they should let him go without a punishment. Hell Dana/UFC they let another guy off beating an old man in a pub for no reason whatsoever and raping two underage girls(infact rewarded him)

he does have a sizeable following. DO you think UFC will hand it to Bellator ('cause we know he will be snatched immediately)...
Not sure.
He has a good following, but not star level quite yet. I could see them giving him a year long suspension and maybe cutting him considering he did KO the fat bastard.

If there's no criminal charges, I don't see why the UFC would try anything at all. Let the legal stuff get sorted out first. And no offense to the guy Conor sucker punched, but Conor and his gang attacking the bus full of people with the intention to gang up and do bodily harm to Khabib is arguably worse, and the UFC didn't do anything there either.

I still think permanently banning Daley from the UFC was a bit ott. Who was that guy who pushed the ref and got cut?

I think they will keep Perry around. They have evidence on tape that he was provoked. I think if he has any more episodes they will get rid of him though. They will probably wait for him to lose and will then say that he isn’t taking his career seriously.
Daley punched Kos after the fight was over! It’s instant ban for life!

Conor is the cash cow of MMA and landed one seemingly small shot. Mike Perry is an average WW who was freaking out like a fucking psychopath coke head and shouting racial slurs.

Entirely different situations.

If it comes out later that he was in fact hitting his GF or ANY woman, he indeed will be cut without question.

They caged savages what you expect from them?? Let the legal process handle it and then let him fight again... this is mikes first bad thing he’s done since being in the ufc

Yes, but since it's the UFC no. Look at Jones. No punishment at all.

That's true, but that's why I did not compare with Jon.

But Conor punched an old men in a pub, also caught on video, and they did nothing...

Conor punched the old dude while the guy was just sitting there, not even looking and minding his own business. The old fart in Perrys case charged at Mike and then got punched... a big difference .

Technically, he inst employed by the ufc. He is a private contractor. Just ask Dana. He should simply stop drinking.

Conor punched the old dude while the guy was just sitting there, not even looking and minding his own business. The old fart in Perrys case charged at Mike and then got punched... a big difference .
While I agree, this is the closest case (to Perry's), and TBH it is almost impossible for two cases being completely identical.

But hey! This is Goldie's "virtually identical" type :D
mike-goldberg.jpg

Edit: I was thinking about adding this, but forgot in pursuit of Goldies picture :)
But IMHO professional fighters, regardless if attacked or not, fighters should NEVER raise their (trained) hands on others.
If attacked, then yes, defend yourself. But it is time to become a true professional, and leave the fight for inside the octagon.

If I were the UFC, I would punish him with something. Just so they could say they are not ok with it.

He should get a BMF title shot tbh.

Him and Masvidal should coach a season of TUF to build it.

I think they should wait to find out what happened before the video. The old man he hit appears to have attacked him, so IMO while his response didn't seem proportionate, it is justifiable. The Tarantino leven N-bombs... I'm not sure how they should handle that, but If they have a fighter conduct clause in their contract which I'm sure they do, they should take a hard look at what that covers and calls for.

Back