Should Mike Perry be punished by the UFC?

Being a fighter in the UFC isn't a career, it's an opportunity. Just show up.
a3de7-1511260115-500.jpg

Conor is the cash cow of MMA and landed one seemingly small shot. Mike Perry is an average WW who was freaking out like a fucking psychopath coke head and shouting racial slurs.

Entirely different situations.
Hate them both. Hate to defend conor too. Absolutely agree. You're fucking right.

What do you all mean? Fighting under the UFC IS punishment.<{titihmm}>

explain to me how some big fat guy barreling towards you with intent to lay hands on you and you react in defense is bad?
the only thing against perry here is the guy had gray hair so we are supposed to feel bad? if it was some young punk and he came at perry like that people would have been on mikes side.
dont come at people physically. idc what words were said- we are not children its fucking words. Mind your own damn business. being old does not give you an excuse to do things without consequence. that guy reacted the way he did and went after perry likely because hes some idiot bully whos usually the bigger stronger guy in situations. Those kind of people push others around and act tough all the time. if that fat old guy has a son i bet hes happy mike perry sat him down.

if mike hit this girl like some are saying it still doesn't mean you step in and continue to escalate. it means you call the cops and stay away.

i just cant feel bad here for this old asshole.
its not comparable to the conor bar issue.
mike perry is an idiot but the thing is idc who you are or who the other person is. never come at someone physically. In my mind thats a threat on my life and i'm sure perry saw things similar in that moment and sat the guy down like he deserved before the guy grabbed him and pushed him to the ground.

Mike is a fucking moron, a thug and probably on drugs and mentally retarded. He's just a few meth crystals away from doing a War Machine. Feed him to Derrick Lewis.

Based on the video we have it seems like a situation he could've walked away from, on the other hand the police didn't arrest him. Athletes in other sports get sanctioned heavily for less than getting drunk and yelling and fighting in a restaurant, but this is MMA. With no arrest the UFC isn't going to do anything, they are trying to market Perry and he just had a good showing.

Yes, of course. Does the UFC have any sort of establish guidelines for punishments, though? What he did was shitty on multiple levels.

Since the UFC was sold they have been pretty light on doing anything to fighters for their behavior outside the UFC. Ferts seem to hold fighters a little more responsible on these kind of things.

I think that if the UFC is going to continue promoting Mike Perry, they should at least send him to sensitivity training to explain to him why it's not okay to use the n-word so freely. Definitely high blow up potential for the UFC. Honestly, may not be worth the effort for the UFC since Perry is never going to be a champion or big PPV draw

Mike Perry isn't a megastar, isn't a champion or even ranked fighter, he isn't a PPV or television draw. He's not a good fighter by any means. Why do people always bring up Conor in attempt to defend other people when they act like dickheads? Cut Mike Perry, he's pure trash in every way

I heard a lot of opinions.
Some call for him to be cut. Others punished.

But one comment resonated with me.
Conor got fuck nothing for hitting that old men in a pub.

But of course, Mike Perry is not Conor.

So what say you?
Should Mike be punished?
Or
Should the UFC just not act or say a word, much like they did with Conor? (and if so, is this good or bad)?
absolutely. cut him. people saying mcnugget didnt get no punishment so you have to let perry get away with it. why? so next time it happens, well perry and conner got away with it. there has to be consequences. perry is going to end up killing someone., unless he gets help

absolutely. cut him. people saying mcnugget didnt get no punishment so you have to let perry get away with it. why? so next time it happens, well perry and conner got away with it. there has to be consequences. perry is going to end up killing someone., unless he gets help
I din't disagree with you.
But then, they should not allow any other fighter with no punishment, regardless of how famous/popular he/she is.

Otherwise, the only message you are sending will be worse than not acting at all.

I din't disagree with you.
But then, they should not allow any other fighter with no punishment, regardless of how famous/popular he/she is.

Otherwise, the only message you are sending will be worse than not acting at all.
ni wasnt saying you disagreed, was just trying to answer your question with my opinion. if ufc wants legitimacy,they need to at least present like they dont condone this shit

It's not fair but such is life. Conor is a star, Perry not so much. They def both should have been repremanded somewhat. Hell, Conor should have gotten a huge fine for jumping in the cage and pushing a ref, wherever that was at. That was def uncalled for.
It's kind of true.

Mike can't use "but Conor hit an old man and got away" as a point of grievance. The obvious answer is "life isn't fair and neither is what you did to the ppl in that bar".

I don't see why, if they ignore one person's crime, they should ignore another's.

In my mind they shouldn't ignore ANYONE'S crimes committed while under contract - at least not violent ones. You can't have a fighting league that has fighters who go around training for fights and fighting civilians with impunity.

Conor should have been punished and so should Perry. Not for what we see on video but what appears to have preceded it

I’m all about fairness.

If Conor got away with it, then so should he.

But he is a horrible ambassador for the sport.

Back