Should Michael Chandler continue to wait for 'Red Panty Night' with Conor?

there is way to much time for this fight...its going to fall through again.

He should have fought multiple times by now. And not knowing the length of his contract, maybe even got a pay bump. He's a must watch fighter after all. Seems like he doesn't even care about being champ anymore.

He'll do what he's told ;)

giphy.gif

Conor think not fighting a guy is already some kind of win lol, he did the same with Mas

He is going to be waiting a really long time.....

If Chandler takes another fight and wins it impacts the race for the belt. If he loses it ruins the fight with Conor from a marketing perceptive. Reality is he is screwed because Conor won't fight again.

Yeah he's not moving up the ladder. Might as well wait for Conor.

I'm not sure he has much of a choice now. he's not getting any younger. Has missed the most recent round of LW fights. Who does he fight next if not McGregor now?

It's gotten to the point where he's a whipping boy for Conor on line and is nowhere near a contender having lost to both Justin and Dustin .... And Charles. He could fight Dariush. But that would still leave him likely needing to beat one of the guys that are unlikely to want that fight either.

He's gotten screwed. But he played a part in that by not making a stand earlier.

As soon as Conor started calling the whole thing HIS show. The moment Conor told him it would be at 185 he should've started right there and then calling him out. At this point it's all too late

Conors breaking him mentally by making him wait this long and keeps him guessing when/if they will fight. Also physically for the same reason. There's such a thing called overtraining.

Conor won't fight again though. I think he's just a troll and his last fight is just him messing with Chandler and wasting his time for his own entertainment.

There will not be another Connor fight.

He's already waited this long. Might as well give it another 6 months and see what happens. He'd look silly if he takes a fight now and somehow misses out on the Conor fight.

Doesn't matter I guess. Conor might well just decide not to fight, or to fight Masvidal or Nate or someone, and he'll have just wasted years of his late 30s, but he wasn't going to fight for the title again anyway, and says he makes a lot of money outside of fighting, so he's not giving up much by waiting to see.
Just curious, do you think he has a chance with Mas? He has the lefthand, but I think Mas would be too much for him as he has better endurance and a decent chin. I guess it comes down to timing. Basically, who has lost more of a step in their game.

Chandler is never touching a world title. He's got maybe a couple more fights to lose after Conor fight happens. He's to old to be a top 10 LW, he's there from a technicality of ranking system. He's basically only has Conor and then a Gamrot/Dariush/Arman level fight after.

Conor is trying to make Chandler pull an Aldo and rush forward out of frustration in the fight...OR...have Chandler take another fight so Conor has the excuse to choose an easier opponent. "He lost. He doesn't deserve to fight me." "He won, but the win was unimpressive. He doesn't deserve to fight me." A calm Chandler whoops Conor 9 times out of 10.

Just curious, do you think he has a chance with Mas? He has the lefthand, but I think Mas would be too much for him as he has better endurance and a decent chin. I guess it comes down to timing. Basically, who has lost more of a step in their game.
More than a chance, I think he'd be the favorite. Jorge will be 40 this year and wasn't even that great in his prime.

can't wait to watch chandler lace up that fat bitch conor

“red panty night” is a myth, Cerrone and Alvarez confirmed it

Fuck no. Conor clearly doesn't want any part of this fight.

Chandler is wasting what little is left of his career on the shelf for nothing.
I really like Chandler and I feel this may be a case. Sadly.

Having a hard time seeing how Conor could be ready for a June fight when he clearly isn’t ready for a fight only 3 months earlier after having had all of this time off. I’ll believe it when the contract is signed.

Back