Opinion Should members of congress be able to buy stocks?

deadon

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Listen, I don't care what party you're for. That said I do think it's funny if we look at the dems and their bank accounts when dems always point to Republicans.

How is it ok that members of congress make laws, pass bills, and them or their spouses buy stock? This needs to end and I know both parties do it. But Nancy seems to be getting more bold.

Absolutely. Especially the corrupt politicians who support legislation that are beneficial to top corporations, in exchange for insider information.

That allows me to copy that corrupt politicians' stock choices so we both make a nice, big profit

<JonesLaugh>

Listen, I don't care what party you're for. That said I do think it's funny if we look at the dems and their bank accounts when dems always point to Republicans.

How is it ok that members of congress make laws, pass bills, and them or their spouses buy stock? This needs to end and I know both parties do it. But Nancy seems to be getting more bold.

No

Absolutely. Especially the corrupt politicians who support legislation that are beneficial to top corporations, in exchange for insider information.

That allows me to copy that corrupt politicians' stock choices so we both make a nice, big profit

<JonesLaugh>
well, the whole trick is to copy in real time, which you cant. SEC filings are weeks off from what I recall, too much time has passed.

well, the whole trick is to copy in real time, which you cant. SEC filings are weeks off from what I recall, too much time has passed.
There are people who follow Nancy Pelosi's stock choices and although they don't get her info in real time, they still make a good profit.

Members of Congress, their spouses, and senior staff should not be allowed to trade stock.

Likewise, members of Congress should be prohibited from shoveling taxpayer funds to organizations that hire their family members as board members.

Nope. Been talking about this for a few years now. They all trade based off of insider information which is illegal for everyone except those in congress. Pelosi and Tubberville are two of the most blatant. Then there were a bunch who dumped their portfolios at the beginning of the covid outbreak when they were telling everyone nothing was wrong. They should be allowed to invest in spy, qqq and other index funds. Nothing else.

Nope. Been talking about this for a few years now. They all trade based off of insider information which is illegal for everyone except those in congress. Pelosi and Tubberville are two of the most blatant. Then there were a bunch who dumped their portfolios at the beginning of the covid outbreak when they were telling everyone nothing was wrong. They should be allowed to invest in spy, qqq and other index funds. Nothing else.
God, I want to like this so bad!!!

Nothing with a short term yield. No.

I don’t even want them buying land. They are public servants.

Pelosi's have been doing this for a while. Nasty Nancy has fat stacks of cash.

Absolutely not. It's ridiculous. They're essentially insider traders with no culpability. It's the most blatantly corrupt partnership going.

Back