Should Maia get the title shot with a win tonight?

scrap style**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Title says it all. Maia has been killing everybody since the drop, and there isn't a clear cut contender behind Hendricks. Condit and Brown don't fight until after GSP and Ellenbergers hype went out the window. If Maia dominates Shields tonight, do you think he should be next in line?

If it's a dominant performance yes if not DHK vs Erick Silva winner could be GSP's next challenge. :icon_chee If Erick beats DHK he doesn't want the shot only DHK if he wins.

I think so, especially if it's an impressive victory

no other ww will have as compelling a case for a title shot imo

Maia would probably get jabbed to death against GSP but I'd love to see a ground battle. He wouldn't be Diaz on the ground, that's for sure.

if he subs shields or 10-8s him anywhere yes.
if not, wait for matt brown vs condit

yes... cause his new aggreive get you down subyou style could be interesting to see played out against someone like hendricks or gsp.. especially gsp. im not sure if gsp would have a answer for the bjj if they hit the mat

If it's a dominant performance yes if not DHK vs Erick Silva winner could be GSP's next challenge. :icon_chee If Erick beats DHK he doesn't want the shot only DHK if he wins.

don't be silly.

I think so, especially if it's an impressive victory

F impressive! I was not impressed with GSP's performance v. Shields!!

Maia is already top 4, FFS, give him the damn shot!

absolutely, as a GSP fan he poses the most interesting challenge for GSP in my opinion

(this is, of course, assuming that GSP beats Hendricks, if he doesn't, GSP get's a rematch and Maia can take an easy filler fight to face the winner)

Last edited:
It depends on whether GSP wins or loses to Hendricks. If GSP loses he will be offered an immediate rematch with Hendricks, no matter in what fashion he loses to Hendricks the first time. That's just the business reality of it.

But if GSP defeats Hendricks then I could see Maia getting the next title shot, or fighting the winner of Condit/Brown for a title eliminator match.

Last edited:
F impressive! I was not impressed with GSP's performance v. Shields!!

Maia is already top 4, FFS, give him the damn shot!

I said I think he should get the shot with a win, especially if it's impressive. In other words in my opinion he should get the shot with any win, if he wins impressively I don't think it's really up for debate that he deserves the next shot.

GSP was looking pretty impressive until he got poked in the eye.

if Maia wins convincingly - yes.

in the meantime, DHK - Silva winner vs Condit - Brown winner for next shot.

Back