Should I buy this?

My Toyota uses synthetic and even a Toyota mechanic told me minimum 10k and could get away with every 15k no problem.

I will be your mechanic and recommend no oil changes ever. It's great for me as the mechanic.

I would possibly pull more, depending on the EXACT boat I buy next year and how many ATV's I will be hauling. I enjoy overkill. I don't want to be the dude in the right lane going 15mph up hill in a PoS.

Get a Suburban dude. They last forever, only issue I have with the used ones is finding something with less that 100k miles on it. People drive the fuck out of those things.

But.. for towing and family hauling? Yeah, get a Suburban

General rule of thumb with luxury cars is if one model is flooding the used market below its peer models then theres something wrong with it.

I wanted a 911 but couldn't afford it and saw that all the ~2000/01 911's were way cheaper. Turns out they had a bunch of flaws. (20k)
I wanted a mercedes cl550, turns out they are all throwing hidden codes and are on their way out (15k)

I don't know anything about your bmw but its worth considering. Also, if you are worried you can buy entended warranties for 3yrs around 3k. I bought a jaguar and the 3k warranty paid for itself 2x. Just bought a 09 bmw z4 3.5 and also got a warranty. Hasn't needed anything so far.

"Don't get this Dame's Carriage if you wanna be outward bound for real. But if your're just being a happy poser w/ a bunch of pretty, new (future) lawn decorations, then sure get it." - Rawdog

"If you're a rugged outdoorsman that can't do bodywork and painting himself, then no. But if you'll be satisfied with more gentle outdoor use, why not." - Gooddog

"Pffft. You're new hoopty's gonna look great on Juggalo Island. Fucking Denis Siver fans, I swear." -
Sherdog

Just get a used escalade with an LS based V8.

Gonna go check this out after work..... 2008, little more $$$, same miles as BMW, 3rd row, 6.2 growl.

67b6c0b9618b8156a59eae841ec4a080.jpg

Terrible mileage and it's coming up on services that are going to be expensive.

There's a reason why BMWs don't hold their value.

I have a friend who had an x5. Make sure that year doesn't have the air ride suspension problem. My friends did and it was like 10k to fix. Pretty sure his was older though

Are you buying this for your wife? Cause it looks like your buying this for your wife.

Also, No you should never buy a used luxury car, It is one of the worst investments around. You have no warranty and any sort of work will cost an arm and a leg.

This. When I was in college working at an Office Max, I helped a guy with a piece of furniture to his Range Rover. I was asking him about it because I loved that truck and he said "it's great but you have to service it at the dealer and no matter what you go in for, it's at least $1,000." Fuck that.

Three accidents but is it a clean title?
Price seems to low to bot be the case.
Also 74k on a turbo seems like a lot of wear already on it.
If your dead set, forums for BMW should give you an idea of that particular make and models issues, service bulletins, and operating cost.

Your money, your life, do whatever you want bro. Personally I wound never buy a used BMW, but that's just me. At the end no one gives a shit what you drive except for yourself.

I wouldn’t

Used Bmw out of warranty will be littered with all kinds of $1500 repairs

I wouldn’t

Used Bmw out of warranty will be littered with all kinds of $1500 repairs

Yeah, I am swallowing my pride and stubbornness and coming to this conclusion myself. Will look at some Escalades and Denalis and see what I can find.

Why are you buying a BMW to tow 4,000 pounds?

I would get a Toyota SUV.

One of my ex had an 08ish x3. It was a nice driving vehicle I'd imagine an x5 is just as good probably better but older bmw do kind of seem to be junk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back