Should guys like Dominick Reyes head to Bellator?

TS you know that Bellator has the better LHW division, right?
nemkov, bader, anderson, davis, rumble, Anglickas, machida, neal, edwards, manhoef, augusto......

jan, jiri, glover, rakic, ankalaev, reyes, krylov, smith, santos, craig, walker, crute....

i'd take the ufc. short term and longer term. and of course it's much deeper.

It isn't all bad at Bellator :cool:
GlaringHatefulDunnart-size_restricted.gif

Ring girls who are actually attractive? That's bold.

There is a lot of parity in the LHW division, ironically as was the case in its golden age. Reyes got KO’d by good fighters, and certainly needs to get back to winning ways, but let’s not forget that he was very arguably the first guy to conquer Jones, before being hosed by the judges. That is an epic MMA achievement and he really earned that win. He is still an elite LHW and has the ability to bounce back.

nemkov, bader, anderson, davis, rumble, Anglickas, machida, neal, edwards, manhoef, augusto......

jan, jiri, glover, rakic, ankalaev, reyes, krylov, smith, santos, craig, walker, crute....

i'd take the ufc. short term and longer term. and of course it's much deeper.
Edit your post and put Yoel, Karl, Puetz, Polizzi, Yagshimuradov for Bellator as well

So no one will watch them fight?

Seems like a bad career choice.

He needs a step down in competition and maybe to examine his sparring. LHW is not a division where you can afford to get chinny.

Bellator's LHW is pretty damn good, that is true. Think it would be pretty even between them actually.
Yeah, I give a slight edge to Bellator's LHW division but it's very close. Bellator's next closest division to the UFC's counterpart is probably FW.

Not to say he’ll leave but as he’s basically three in the hole with two being absolutely brutal KO’s, don’t you think he’d benefit from a step down in competition. Same goes for other guys on losing streaks who are basically one away from being cut.

PS: This is mainly for Gastelum fans.
please stop with this asinine nonsense.

Yes, Bellator has less talent.
But at the top, the competition is as stiff as in the UFC, just not as deep.
Just check how UFC fighters move to Bellator and don't get the belt.

Yeah, I give a slight edge to Bellator's LHW division but it's very close. Bellator's next closest division to the UFC's counterpart is probably FW.
What about WW?

Amosov, Berkhamov, Lima, Koreshkov, MVP, Larkin, Jackson, Storley, Joey Davis, Neiman etc

Plenty of lower level guys in the UFC. Just have him fight a few guys outside the 10.

I’d like to see more talent move to Bellator. MMA would be more exciting with more parity between the orgs
This. It's not that I don't think the UFC has the deepest and most comprehensive roster. It's that I would like to see a competitor come and create another circuit a fighter can go and be universally respected for being great.

If they give him a couple of easier fights and he gets creamed, sure. Bellator loves UFC washouts, so they'll welcome him with open arms. Maybe he could become a champ there and we'd see hilarious posts about how he's the best LHW in the world, it happened with Bader.

Ryan Bader was top 5 and on a win streak when he left for Bellator. With Jones declining and former gatekeepers fighting over the belt now, Bellator arguably has a better LHW division.

Not to say he’ll leave but as he’s basically three in the hole with two being absolutely brutal KO’s, don’t you think he’d benefit from a step down in competition. Same goes for other guys on losing streaks who are basically one away from being cut.

PS: This is mainly for Gastelum fans.
To be fair, he almost put Jiri clean out. That was a fantastic showing by Reyes imo, even though he lost, and showed me that Jiri has huge holes in his game.

Ryan Bader was top 5 and on a win streak when he left for Bellator. With Jones declining and former gatekeepers fighting over the belt now, Bellator arguably has a better LHW division.
It's not arguably. They do.

FFS the dinosaurs Jan and Glover are the champ and #1 contender. That's the reason Gus is returning. He thinks he can sneak his way to a 205 title off guys he beat already when they were better versions of themselves.

UFC's 205 division is a raging dumpster fire.

You want him to step up in competition while on worst steak of his life? Lol he was owning the UFC guys only started getting finished when he ran into the KSW crowd

Back